Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 29, 2007

MuseTV Presents: Fall Collection Haul

'ello there!

I was lucky enough to get a delightful little package in the mail of which contained the Fall Japanese goodies!

I did a video blog of 'em for you guys! I've added in pics as well and will be doing reviews and Face of the Days pics very soon!

MuseTV Presents: Fall Collection Haul:









Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures :( I normally take photos with my trusty Kodak DX6490. I decided that I'd go with cute and super portable so I purchased a Sony Cyber Shot T20 this past week! I was excited to have a smaller cam to use for taking pics for my blog and just generally toting around for small shots here and there!

My DX6490 is only 4MP's has a virtually no ISO so the T20 was quite appealing at 8MP with an obscene ISO, HD output, onscreen editing, and a tons of other bells and whistles.

Upon getting it in the mail I flipped out at how cute it was. I proceeded to try some Face of the Day pics plus some additional variety, random shots and.........it's crap. I strongly suggest not bothering! I've just now finished wrapping it up and it's going right back for a full return! I am astounded at the crap quality of the pics! Everything had a weird orange tinge too it plus the ISO had a setting of 300 because anything more would cause some mega crap quality photos!

Do tell me whatcha think of these pics taken with the cybershot as compared to my older pics in my blog taken with my trusty kodak!

I've been sorely tempted to purchase a Nikon D40 but can't justify the cost for a hobbyist like myself. It'd be far different if I had a family with children and such but just to purchase the D40 for hobby shots of cosmetics, some vacation photos, and random shots seems just a silly purchase really! I adore photography but the general idea of the D40 seems a spoiled indulgence on my part!

Anyway!

On to the pics :)

New Lavashuca Palettes




Older Lavshuca Palette, New Color!


New Lavshuca Glosses




Lavshuca Glitter Mascara


MJ Honey Plump Glosses


MJ Fall Eyeshadows


New MJ Mascara and Neo Lash Expander


MJ Fall Collection Glosses


MJ Fall Collection Eyeliners


KATE Fall Shadow Collection


KATE Gel Eyeliners


KATE Dual Carat Eyeshadow


Kiss Lipgloss


Maqulliage Pressed Powder








Visee Eyeshadow Palette


Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Haru said...

Great post! Loved the videos but as for the photos, I think you're right to send the Cybershot back. I thought your previous photos with the older camera, especially of your FOTDs, were excellent.

July 30, 2007 at 6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cybershot is not good at all. I've always felt that the pictures taken by it are never really sharp. Your camera is so much better. I think for digital cameras, Canon is better than Nikon.
Btw, great buys! Do review if the MJ's Lash bond is good and easy to remove. :) Watching ur videos are always fun.

July 30, 2007 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Thanks Haru! I know the photos are just crap! I'm astounded the camera stinks! Oh well! PJ was saying that my old cam picks up the sparkle so well in the FOTD's! And this cybershot was making the colors appear almost orange in color! So weird!

Hey Pet!!!!

Not sharp at all! And a tinge of orange as well! Was just the worst! And pretty good reviews on cnet.com! Can't believe how crummy it is!

I'll check out some canons!

I'm wearing MJ Lash Bond today! Love it so far! Not sure how easy it will be to remove but will let ya know when I get home tonight!

Thanks for watching 'em guys! Appreciate it *blush*

July 30, 2007 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger Rabbit said...

Hi Sweetie!
I left you a comment this morning but it happens to be lost!
Your videos are great, but I do prefer the other cam also. ;D
Loved-loved-loved your haul!! Please, keep videos coming.
*Hugs*

July 30, 2007 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hey Eru! I always love hearing from you!

Thanks so much for watching! I do too! The cybershot is in the box and on the way back hehehe!

I know you have the KATE and Lavshuca on your wish list so you have to tell me whatcha think when you get them!

Hug hug!

July 30, 2007 at 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you like the Lavshuca gloss? Which shade do you like best? If you can please describe how they are like, or some swatches will be great too! I am not sure which one to get. Thanks in advance!

July 30, 2007 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello there!

I used on this morning with the Lavshuca lipstick and will be posting a face of the day if you're interested in seeing the color on!

Swatches can be located for every color at my friend's blog! You can find her here:

http://rougedeluxe.blogspot.com/

She has swatches up for every color!

I'm not sure if I like the texture! It doesn't glide as well as I'd like it too but the colors are quite pigmented so if you wanna skip the lipstain/lipstick prior to using these they'll give you a good blush of color!

I love lavshuca so in general I give this a good thumbs up for a repurchase!

They aren't sticky or tacky so that's a plus! However the glide isn't what I'd like! Takes a bit of work to spread and get it evened out if that makes sense ;)

Thanks for your comment!

July 30, 2007 at 3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there..
i've a question regarding the MJ fall collection eyeliners...the white one have live glitters in it right?..so does it safe for the waterline...i've been serching the right white eyeliners that really..i mean really white...so do u have any suggestion?..i've tried bodyshop and redearth but still i does'nt look that really white...help me out, pls...tq

October 19, 2008 at 2:10 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi there jieshah!

I'm not really sure if it's safe for the waterline to be honest. I admit to using them on my WL but honestly I don't know if you should or shouldn't.

MAC makes a white FL I believe and a few pencils as well! Have you tried MAC? :)

Hope this helps!

Also Urban Decay has a super white 24/7 eyeliner pencil!

I have a review and swatches of the new kits out!

October 20, 2008 at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home