Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Sep 1, 2009

Twilight Beauty Website Launches: First Impressions of the Line


As you read in my prior post, a new line of cosmetics has been recently released themed around the popular Twilight book and movie series. Might as well milk the cash cow with themed cosmetics. If you make them the fanpires errrr fans will come.

Honestly, I adore the idea of Twilight makeup. Hey, this is part of being a geek that never grew up. The idea of cosmetics themed around a favorite book of mine is always in style. Personally, I'm waiting for the WoW or Doctor Who cosmetic line but I'll settle for Twilight if I must.

Jump ahead for more of my initial thoughts on Twilight Beauty.

The Muse bets any amount of money that you are wondering if she'll indulge in some Twilight Beauty. To answer your question quickly without having to torture you too much through the babbling ahead I'll say yes. If you want to hear me rant to do read ahead, if you'd rather just leave it at yes and wait for my reviews stop reading now.

Ahhh so you're still here.

Here's the deal. I'm very grumpy that they launched the site and are taking pre-orders for about 50% of the makeup. I'm an instant gratification kinda girl I am not wanting to wait until October for makeup k? If you don't have it in stock please don't proceed to flaunt it at me, make me want it, but tell me I have to wait until the end of October to have. Not cool guys not cool.

That's my first rant...read more.

Ok, so I'm about to rant a little more here. Brace yourself.

I'm disappointed.

I'm kinda disappointed in most of the line. As I told you in a previous post it's split into two collections which are Luna and Volturi. Hmmm who loves the Volturi? Anyone a fan? Yea well not loving that idea but ok. I guess the basic concept is lighter vs darker and more goth. However, I don't see too many differences between the two collections anyway so I do believe they should have just left it at "Twilight Beauty" forget the entire Luna and Volturi concept.

Here's the low down...it breaks my heart to be so brutally honest....absolutely nothing in the collection is a must have in my humblest opinion. Nothing stands out or shouts at me to buy it. I am a tad disappointed that it wasn't something that wow'ed me. I honestly do not have a better idea for the collection but I just don't like it as is either. Aside from the lipstick nothing else really grabs me as a must have and my total cart is made up of four items costing around $83.....The Twilight Beauty Blushing Creme has some of my attention but it honestly looks to sheer in the photos but it's in my cart as I'm curious. I did see one color of Twilight Beauty Lip Gloss that appeals and one shade of Twilight Beauty Staining Balm. However, I can't really see anything special or unique about any of the items on offer. I'm particularly disappointed in the packaging which isn't quite living up to my idea of Twilight, dare I say it looks cheap?


So yes I'm kinda feeling all brokenhearted today....I don't know what I expected but it wasn't this. The good news is maybe after I decide on my final order and get the products I'll be wow'ed by the quality.

What are your thoughts?

Twilight Beauty Yay or Nay?

So far my list consists of the following:

  • Twilight Beauty Staining Lip Balm in Rapture (Maybe Blush too)
  • Twilight Beauty Blushing Creme in Swoon
  • Twilight Beauty Lip Gloss in Butterfly Kisses (Maybe Myth as well)
  • Twilight Beauty Gleam Metallic Mascara in Panther

What's your list looking like?

Indulging?

Share it!

Image Source

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

The packaging reminds me of Nyx or Rimmel, so it's ok, but not as outstanding as I thought it would be.

September 1, 2009 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd...I dunno what I expected...but I wanted more? or different? or unique? This is just meh meh...

September 1, 2009 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

I think definitely more or unique.
At this point, I'm much happier with the mineral makeup companies who have made their twilight tribute makeup, like Aromaleigh and Beautiful Girl minerals :)

September 1, 2009 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger B377Y said...

Oh wow I totally feel your pain. I'm soo disappointed. I honestly planned to spend at least $150 on this but now I tihnk I'm just gonna get 1 or 2 things from Luna just to have 'em =/ I'm definitely NOT impressed with the Volturi line..it's going to be sold at Hot Topic...blech..

September 1, 2009 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd. Haven't really tried out any of the mineral stuff as of yet but damn wish the packaging was just more exciting ya know?

September 1, 2009 at 3:46 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey b377y

I was thinking that my haul would be like $200+ dollars but than I seen it and was like nooooooooo! I love DuWop and expected so much more what happened? :(

I'm just hopeful that I'll be floored by the incredible quality of the makeup that way I can put my concerns about the packaging to rest :D

September 1, 2009 at 3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a couple things. I agree, I was a little disappointed as well. Making us wait until October? WTF? I remember when they said the makeup would go onsale August 17th. So already it was over a week late. I got the lipgloss in Butterfly Kisses and '53 Chevy, but Myth was calling my name too. I also got the Bella palette and the blush in Adrenaline.
I thought I'd want EVERYTHING once I saw it...but really the only other things I want to try are the staining balm and the labyrinth shadows.
Plus, wasn't there supposed to be "over 70 products"? I didn't count that many...

September 1, 2009 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey anonymous

you know I'm trying to recall...too lazy to busy to google...how many products it was supposed to be but I recall a big number too! There are only about 20 maybe? 30 if I'm pressing my luck?

I seen it as of August 15th as well than it changed to August 15 and now waiting until October 30th...mmmm kinda grumpy over this. I imagine they are going to sell out fast and do well with it but waiting that longer just makes me go meh.

I really wasn't into the palettes no offense as they look a tad blah but like everything else you got.

I really didn't get the EVERYTHING OH MY GOD frenzy I normally get with makeup. I think I wanted better packaging and just more.....

hohum! I haven't hit submit yet but I guess I should get on it as if the wait is like V (I ordered almost the first day and waited two weeks to get it) we are looking at a November delivery probs.

I do wonder if they haven't actually made the products yet an are just taking orders for them and than will submit the orders to have them made or something.....to see how it goes?

ya know?

But maybe not. Who knows. I just wanted a bit more. Not too excited sadly. Hopefully when I get my order the quality just floors me and I end up loving all over it :D

September 1, 2009 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

correct sept 15...first august 15th than sept 15..typo!

September 1, 2009 at 4:39 PM  
Blogger nemuineko said...

I'm torn on this one. While I don't want to look like a total fan, I do like the idea of blue lipgloss (saw pics of it somewhere) and maybe the cream blush, since the marbling looks wonderful. I am quite disappointed in how cheap the packaging looks, though. For $25, I expect better.

September 1, 2009 at 5:29 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

kaoru agreed. Some of the items are very tempting..the blush looks very unique although hopefully not sheer but the packaging...meh....very hot topic-ish.

September 1, 2009 at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home