Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 20, 2009

Reader's Request: Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil Review


Thanks to a few of my reader's who brought to my attention that Bobbi Brown now has a brand new oil cleanser. Yay for oil cleansers. Nothing gets makeup off my face better than a good oil cleanser. I'm a big lover of Shu Oil Cleanser and many other smaller Asian brands as well so of course I'm quite excited to see Bobbi getting in on the game.

Honestly, not many brands cater to oil cleansers outside of Asia aside from Shu and most recently MAC so it's great to see Bobbi Brown is making one too.

As requested here's a review of the new Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil.

If you haven't used oil cleanser prior to this I'll give you a brief break down of how it works. With a face full of make up you'll take 2-3 pumps of oil and move it in circular motions around your face. This is on your dry face no water involved. As you rub, with the aid of the oil, makeup will begin to break up and away on your skin. Adding a tiny bit of water to your face will emulsify the oil allowing it to further break up foundation, eye makeup, etc....now you'll rinse...done. You'll be left with completely clean, soft skin. Although it sounds strange to those that haven't tried it, the oil, does not leave your skin oily or greasy in anyway it rinses clean away and is ideal for any and all skin types.


Bobbi's version is 6.7 oz in size and $38 where as Shu's version is $35 and 5 oz. Although I like Shu very much, it's likely Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil will take the place of my Shu one because of price and formula.




The oil is a nice herbal scent and seems thicker compared to others I've tried. It glides onto my skin very nicely, breaks up makeup, and rinses clean away. I like the texture and the feel of the oil as it has a richer consistency compared to my normal brands. It removes makeup on contact and leaves my skin soft and smooth.

Overall, if you aren't used to purchasing high end skincare this could prove an indulgence. Personally, I absolutely love it and will be replacing my current high end brand with this. It's elegant bottle, bigger size, and incredible ability to remove all traces of makeup make it a winner for me.

Loves it!

Muse Approval for purchase.



Do you use oil cleansers?

Which are your favs?

Share it!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger B377Y said...

Thanks for the great review! I've been looking for a cleansing oil. Have you tried any really good Asian brand oil cleansers?

August 21, 2009 at 3:12 AM  
Blogger Mollie said...

I think my favorite oil cleanser is the Boscia Make-Up Breakup. It's amazing. It was a little hard to adjust to, since it has eucalyptus in it. But it never dries out my skin or irritates it- just leaves it all nice and glowy. My skin is somewhat dry, but not too much so, and pretty sensitive.

August 21, 2009 at 12:32 PM  
Anonymous María said...

Origins has another Cleasing Oil! I've tried it and is really good

August 23, 2009 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Shiya said...

FYI lancome has a cleansing oil as well

August 24, 2009 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi b3 quite alot.

Biore makes a good one in Asia, Mandom (although this is cleansing water), and many others! There are too many to list! I'm trying to round up a review with them all! Will work on that :D

August 25, 2009 at 9:00 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey finch will have to try! I love the idea of eucalyptus in my cleansing oil, interesting :D

August 25, 2009 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

oh maria thanks will have to try!

August 25, 2009 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

oh yes forgot about that one shiya the lotus one!

August 25, 2009 at 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home