Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 20, 2009

Pop Beauty Cat Eyes Eye Liner Review and Swatches

More babblings about the elusive cat eye that the Muse has been trying to perfect for Fall. In my quest for obtaining the perfect cat eye I've been trying my hand at liquid liners and of course epically failing but try I will!

To make my life easier I found Pop Beauty Cat Eyes Eye Liner. Could this be the key to my success at creating a great cat eye?


Jump for it!

Meet Pop Beauty Cat Eyes Eye Liner the solution to your cat eye dilemma. This square cut liner supposedly makes it easy to complete a cat eye. But does it?

Ok let's see....

KATE makes a square cut eye liner as well so it's pretty much the same concept. The liner is considerably thicker than what you'd normally want to use to line eyes. As we are always looking for a thin, precise point to line this is a unique thicker size, slanted, and square cut. It's design is supposed to make the "flicking" involved in a cat eye easier. First off it does a fine job of creating a thick, dramatically lined look. The formula is creamy and glides fairly well across the lash line without skipping. I like the way the square cut fits the contour of my eye.

Now it's the flicking part that confuses me. The square cut is supposed to make the flick or upwards slant that's associated with a cat eye easier. However, I had a hard time with it. Although the drama of a thicker line makes my eyes look very nice, I'm unable to pull off the slant upwards towards the outer corner of my eye without creating a messy thick line. I think the square cut and the thickness of the liner creates a rather messy line that looks nothing like a cat eye.












Overall, the product is a fine liner for achieving a bolder, thicker lined eye look but in regards to making a cat eye easier, I had a little trouble in that department. I won't blame the liner as it could be I just stink at perfecting the look but I did think the thickness presented a little problem.

What do you think?

Thicker, square cut liner for cat eye lining?

Yay or Nay?

Share it!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous laura r said...

muse when do we get to see ya in your cat's eyes? i can't wait, you're going to look great!

August 20, 2009 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

aw shucks thanks laura.

Hopefully soon as I prefect it lol at this point it doesn't quite look right!

August 20, 2009 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger Piece of Cake said...

Muse, at this point, after trying square, slanted, pointy liner varieties, I resorted to use qtip or triangle sponge to create my cat eyes. So far, it's working.

August 20, 2009 at 11:52 AM  
Anonymous Kelsey said...

Ahh, yeah.. I've been trying for the cat eye look also, and I can never quite get it right. One side always looks better than the other, or it's not quite as "flicked" as I'd like it to be.. It's really annoying.

Honestly, I can't imagine why a square liner would make it easier. But maybe that's just me being stupid.. lol.

August 20, 2009 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hmmm piece of cake will have to try nothing like simplicity :-D

August 26, 2009 at 11:27 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey kelsey...not sure about the flick either and a square tip manages to create a good line but the flick at the end still gives me a problem lol!

August 26, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home