Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 19, 2009

Skin79 The Oriental Smooth Sun BB Pact Review

When I first started Musings it was very much a blog about Asian beauty. I'm not Asian but I plan to be in my next life. With my love of all things Asian and all things beauty, Musings was a rather ideal place to combine both. Much of my original posts were on Japanese brands and a fair bit of MAC thrown into the mix.

As of late I find I do less and less Asian posts and that really upsets me as I feel like I'm not bringing you enough great beauty abroad purchases particularly because of my great love of Asian makeup finds.

I plan to redeem myself in this. Hopefully if you've been reading a while you'll rejoice over more Asian themed cosmetic posts and if you're new to Musings you'll enjoy discovering products you may never have been privy to before.

Today I'm going to bring you a review on Skin79 The Oriental Smooth Sun BB Pact.


Jump ahead for it!

You know since it's demise I've been trying to relive my time with Raycious. I have a stash of four powder palettes I'm stowing away for a rainy day from Raycious and it terrifies me the day they'll be gone. Raycious is an incredible line of base makeup products created by Sofina in Japan. Sadly, it's long since gone but I loved it so.

I'm always on the look out for a similar powder such as that but never have succeeded at finding one as great.

For now Skin79 The Oriental Smooth Sun BB Pact will do the job (not as great but just as good).

This powder is part of a collection that Skin79 has out at the moment entitled The Oriental. The powder is pretty much your basic mattifying powder from Korea with a few added benefits slapped in for good measure.

Allow me to say that the powder is made with Asian skin in mind so large pores, oily skin, etc....are kept at the forefront in the production of the powder so it does excel at helping with these problems. Also the powder does come in a single shade so it's best used on light to fair skin or yellow undertones but sadly not darker or olive tones.

The compact comes housed in a lilac compact with sponge. It has a protective seal that closes off the powder so you can lay your sponge on top without worrying about having a fly of loose powder all over the place. Little touches like this are why Asian makeup excels at quality.








The powder itself is a creamy shade which isn't richly pigmented but still manages to even out skin tone, set makeup (particularly BB Creams), and create a smooth working canvas for makeup or to simply mattify the skin. It's slightly chalky in texture and has a finish as such but regardless most Asian brands sport a similar formula. This formula actually aids in keeping oily skin matte. Even though the texture is strange it still manages to create a very smooth look to skin hiding flaws such as acne scarring, enlarged pores, etc...with proper prepping and priming the powder aids in creating a good flawless canvas.

The powder is meant to keep skin fresh and natural looking even with continued application. Meaning retouches won't cause a "made" up look to face but will simply look natural and flawless. It's SPF 25 formula also makes it very appealing as the sun protection alone could urge you to want it.


I'm a very big fan of Asian pressed powder as it does a great job at making my face look flawless without having a made up look and also doesn't flake on my dry skin.

Overall, I wouldn't say that Skin79 The Oriental Smooth Sun BB Pact is particularly special but it is a nice item to have for setting my BB Cream and holding it in place.

I got mine directly from Korea for retail but I've seen it on E-bay for $16.99 which I think is a fairly good deal. If you're a fan of powders or if you've never tried an Asian pressed powder this is a good place to start!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why post things that are really not available to people in the US>??

August 23, 2009 at 7:25 AM  
Blogger Lolita Riot said...

oohh this look promising! Where can I find it? :)

August 23, 2009 at 9:01 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous

because it adds a little variety to my blog, because I have a strong asian reader base that enjoys these posts, and because with the use of google it's fairly simple to find anything be it available in the US or not. You can get this in the US simply by shopping online, it's not incredibly difficult to locate.

If you don't like these type of posts or entries simply skip them and read the next.

Hope this helps.

Btw I also included information where it can be found in the US so I'm not sure what the problem is for you but as I said if you hate these posts just skip them and read the next!

Cheers!

August 24, 2009 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

sher,

an ebay seller has 'em just search hun...it's actually almost available for retail price. Hope this helps love!

August 24, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home