Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 17, 2009

The Muse's Japanese Fall Collection Wish List for 2009


For what seems like a very long time I've fallen out with many of my beloved Japanese cosmetic collections. If you're a collector or fan or Japanese cosmetics you probably know what I mean as it's been a rather long, hard road of reruns and repetitive products and colors.

This year I'm actually quite excited to finally haul some new products from some of my favorite Japanese brands that have captured my interest.

Jump ahead to hear the Muse's Wish List for Japanese Collections 2009.

Although my love affair is not nearly over with T'estimo, I have gotten used to the idea of Coffret D'Or. One thing I am excited about is the release of sixteen shades of Coffret D'Or Eye Shadows Singles. These shadows all look quite exciting to me and carry an inexpensive price tag so indulging in a few won't break my bank.




It's been a while since Lunasol really caught my interest. As beautiful as many of the pieces are, I admit that the price does put me off every so slightly. However, cost aside this year's Lunasol Star Shower Eyes have me in fits of joy. I see at least three color combinations I'll be hauling!





KATE almost always has my heart and it hasn't been so long since my last haul from the brand. Kate Reflect Mirror Eyes look positively delightful with three shades of shadow for a contrasting, sparkling eye look!


And finally Lavshuca Light Mix Eyes garnered some of my attention as these are a tad different from what Lavshuca has been pulling off lately. Although the color selection is pretty the same ho-hum shades, I still feel they may be worthy of a pick up.




Overall, Japanese Fall is looking up this year. Although many of the shades and products have been done before a few items did warrant a further look and since I do feel ever so slightly excited about these releases I think, finally after a long, dry spell, I'll be indulging in quite alot of Japan's Fall cosmetic offerings.

How about you?

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger plue said...

i heard Kate's isn't really that good this time round, they say it's kinda gritty and powdery? :(

i'll be getting lavshuca most probably, as I haven't buy anything from them for ages! i even missed out on their new gradate eye palettes, haha!

but the design this time is pretty!

August 17, 2009 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

oh no plue that's bad :(

damn!

ditto on lavshuca for me it's been ages :-D

I did too...honestly the repetitive colors just turn me off which is why I haven't indulged in ages!

August 18, 2009 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Siany said...

I've had my eye on the Lavshuca palettes ever since they were announced! Just waiting for Adam Beauty to stock them so I can snatch them all up hehe. The Kate collection looks good too but packaging wise I much prefer the princessy Lavshuca!

By the way AB now has the new Majolica Majorca collection on his website, and I found some swatches here http://www.iswii.net/post/show/14521 and I'm quite liking the automatic liners and some of the pink glosses!

August 19, 2009 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger plue said...

hm, lavshuca seems pretty ok, found a link for a swatch on it! :D

http://loloko.blog47.fc2.com/blog-entry-688.html

other than the BU, i may just pick GN, but other colours aren't as interesting, except the upper left colour which is quite pretty!

By the way, the author did mention the colour payoff isn't that great, need a few swipes and maybe wet it a little to get it show, although the powder is very fine and not much flyaways.

i am a bit disappointed u know. maybe i'll just grab lunasol!

August 19, 2009 at 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home