Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 22, 2009

Wet n' Wild Beauty Benefits Beyond Eye Makeup Remover Review


Since I've been so busy scoring left and right with awesome eye makeup removers at my drugstore I thought, "heyz let's go ahead and try something else new..." Pushing my luck I purchased Wet n' Wild Beauty Benefits Beyond Eye Makeover Remover and proceeded to have my head examined.

I'm such a dope. I should know lightening never strikes twice. I was lucky with Clean & Clear and again lucky with L'Oreal but this...this is utter rubbish.

Le sigh.

Jump for it!

Wet n' Wild is going all green and organic or whatever you want to call the current craze of hippie loving cosmetics out there (no offense green friendly peeps but the market is getting a little too saturated with this stuff that it's getting on my nerves by now!).

Along with cosmetics in the new Wet n' Wild Beauty Benefits Collection they released a $4.99, 3.8oz size of eye make remover. It claims to remove waterproof mascara but I don't think so.


First off it burns like acid. OW! It hurts something fierce. It also has the consistency of water mixed with dish soap, not good, not good at all. Oh and it also smells like dish soap mixed with gasoline, pretties (insert sarcasm there).

Seriously though between the burning sensation, the gross smell, and the fact that it doesn't do all that great a job removing my shadow never mind my waterproof mascara, this one is a very safe skip.

Stay clear people, don't say I didn't warn you.

Final word, no likey, at all.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

Ewwww.
Burning is not something I like in my makeup remover.

July 22, 2009 at 10:38 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Hi Muse-love your blog. Have you ever tried Rimmel Eye Make Up Remover, it's 4.99 and available at Target, Wal Mart etc. It works amazing. No oily residue, no burning sensations, it just takes it all off! Gotta try it.

Colleen

July 23, 2009 at 12:01 AM  
Anonymous prettybeautiful said...

wow. how could the engineers/whoever in the team could even come up with something like this?? didn't they even test it on the faces or something?

July 23, 2009 at 9:52 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

me either dd :( no funs!

July 28, 2009 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

colleen will do :-D thanks for the rec! I'm always seeking cheaper mu removers!

July 28, 2009 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

prettybeautiful I can't stand burning removers ugh!

July 28, 2009 at 9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos to you for trying it! Sorry that it stinks, literally! Thanks for giving us all the heads up. dish soap + gasoline...YIKES! (BTW, it's me again, anony!)

August 4, 2009 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous

:-D lol I love trying new bits...but yes no likey at all don't bother :P

August 18, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home