Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 22, 2009

Reader's Request: L'Oreal Eye Makeup Remover Review


As per a reader's request I snagged a bottle of L'Oreal Eye Makeup Remover for review. Um dear reader you owe me $8.99 dude (e-mail me I'll tell you where to send the check! hehe). This stuff is expensive. 4oz for $9 bucks? Shut up!

I'm such a cheese that I totally can adjust to splurging $10 bucks on Sephora Waterproof Mascara in the same size but walk me into a drugstore and tell me to buy eye makeup remover for almost the same price and I'll bulk, kick my feet up, and possibly throw myself on the floor in a tantrum. What? It's been known to happen, I bet my best friend Jai has pictures of said events.

Important question here is the fact of whether it's worth that price?

Click it for the review.

Poor Lancome so many brands adapting it's dual phase remover and trying to dupe it, Clean & Clear comes close, watch your back Lancome. L'Oreal Eye Makeup Remover has been tried by the Muse...they have those two blue versions one for regular eye makeup and one for waterproof...no freaking likey. Hates both. Now we have this new version which is an oil free, dual phase remover a la the Clean & Clear I recently reviewed for you.


First off, hello expensive I'm so snubbing you for the price alone. $8.99 for 4oz is just too much. As always I have no problem shelling it out for a posh brand but drugstore..come on...9 bucks? Dude, for serious? You wound me. Ok, let's give it the benefit of the doubt and say that the super store that shall not be named aka the evil empire (Pssttt Walmart) probably has it cheaper. Soo...what are we looking at maybe $2 bucks off? $3 if I'm lucky. Brings it down to around $5.99 or $6 bucks...that price I can deal with and that's about what it's worth.


The formula...it works well. It works really well. I begrudgingly admit that it removes eye makeup including waterproof mascara very well. However, it does suffer the same problem as the Clean & Clear remover being that you really have to saturated the cotton pad to get everything off your eye. This isn't like Lancome Bi-Facil, it's not going to be one swipe and everything is gone. It's more along the lines of a two to three cotton pad job.

Overall, the remover is quite good but I won't recommend because of it's price, it's small size, and the fact that I'm using a ton of product to get all my makeup off (if I have to use a ton of product that's not exactly saving myself money now is it?). Would I buy it again? Yes, for sure if it's cheap or buy 1, get 1 50% off or some such deal arises. As with Clean & Clear it's not going to take over my Sephora remover but it's a hell of a good runner up. Good stuff but needs a few tweaks to make it perfect!

Anyone try?

Loves?

Leaves?

Tell it!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous petitez said...

How come you don't like the blue version for waterproof eye makeup? I actually like it alot....

July 25, 2009 at 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG...surprised you did my review request so fast & then sad that you wasted your moolah and also guilt-ridden, especially since i can't send you a check for $8.99...i was actually talkin bout one of the cheap blue removers you no likey so i got my answer and more! i never woulda thought you'd buy a drugstore remover for that much cuz i know i wouldn't, but you love us readers so much that you fulfill our requests, right? triple thanks is all i can say! hopefully there are others that are benefitting from this review...

July 28, 2009 at 1:50 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

pets don't love it at all. doesn't remove WP mascara at all for me and leaves me with cloudy eyes yak!

July 28, 2009 at 9:04 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

LOL anonymous no worries darlin'! I was kiddin' :D

LOL you owe me nothing, merely jokin' my dear!

Aw you're most welcome. I don't like either of the blue ones as they don't such a fab job of removing my WP mascara plus they leave me all oily and with cloudy eyes :P

and this one was fairly decent but the price was a tad too high and also had to use alot to get everything off :P

Aside from that the green version is the best of the lot :-D

Glad you liked the review and truly I was kidding :-D

Hugs!

July 28, 2009 at 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Muse! It's me - anony. I should probably post a name sooner or later, huh? Odd that the blue remover doesn't leave me oily, but the clean & clear does...should I maybe try the Sephora remover or is it that similar to the clean & clear that it's not necessary to try until I run out of both?

August 4, 2009 at 5:07 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous

sephora is kinda oily for sure. But it doesn't leave me with cloudy eyes thankfully.
clean and clear was way drier and not oily at all for me but the blue loreal was a terror for oily bits :P

August 18, 2009 at 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home