Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 7, 2009

Urban Decay Fall Collection 2009: Urban Decay Lipstick Fall Colors Confession, Oil Slick, and Naked Review and Swatches

We've established already that Urban Decay has been a busy little bee concocting a huge release of goodies for Fall (over 30 new items). Rounding out the Urban Decay Fall Collection 2009 are three new shades of Urban Decay Lipstick to add to the already huge selection of colors in the line.

Contrasting a single innocent shade with two outrageously goth shades, everyone should find at least one shade to love with this release.




Jump ahead for some swatches and a peep at the Urban Decay Fall Lipstick Colors!

I've waxed your ears off about how great Urban Decay Lipsticks are so I won't go into great detail about these guys but if you missed it do see my original review on Urban Decay Lipstick over here.



The three new shades available are Naked, Oil Slick, and Confession. Let me just say please add Naked to your Fall wishy list. It's so beautiful. I'll tell you more about it in a brief second.

Just a brief note, the lipsticks have a different taste. There was some minor ranting about the taste of the last round up of lippies, personally I liked the taste but I did hear many a review saying the taste wasn't so grand. You'll be happy to know that the taste is barely there this time around.

So shades....


Back in black for Fall baby! Black lips anyone? No longer for club kids it seems to be a fine item for walking about the office with nowadays. The new red? Maybe. Oil Slick is indeed a glossy black with silver sparkle. Granted, not everyone can pull off black but you'll be happy to know this is the most subtle black you'll come across. It applies quite sheer and topped with a red gloss it makes a vampy lip look that's very Fall friendly. Don't think you can pull it off? Head to your nearest UD counter or Sephora and swipe some on, now find a vibrant red gloss to top with, don't deny how gorgeous you look!






Renew your goth card with Urban Decay Lipstick in Confession the second bold shade in this release. If you liked last year's MAC Cult of the Cherry Binge Slimline you're sure to be pleased with Confession. Confession is a sheer burgundy that's quite loud so best keep your eyes toned down with this one. A slick of Urban Decay Ink for Eyes in Zero and some of this should have you rockin' out a killer Fall look.






And finally my favorite, Naked. Oooo how I love you. Naked is a nude pink, who'd think I'd fall for a nude lip shade? I can't help myself it's such a pretty nude baby pink that flatters my lips and makes them look all pouty and pretty. Loves it! Although Oil Slick and Confession could prove too strong for some, Naked somehow evens the score out for those who are scared of too much color.






Innocence versus Evil this Fall with Urban Decay Lipsticks in Oil Slick, Confession, and Naked. From beautiful and bold to shy and sophisticated, you're sure to find at least one or two...or maybe all three shades to love!

Which do you love?

Tell the Muse!

All of 'em are available now for your hauling please on the Urban Decay website!

Labels: , , ,

32 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muse! you're going after my heart, girl with all these new posts. Putting my lemmings into overdrive.
These babies are at sephora already? I see a sephora stop in my future when I head to mac on thursday! *dances around the bed*
All three of these babies shall be mine!

July 7, 2009 at 10:42 PM  
Blogger Robby Raynebow said...

I'm super dissappointed by Oil Slick. I was expecting a super chic opaque creamy black. I love the look of confession tho. thanks for the swatches.

XoXo,
RobbyRaynebow

July 7, 2009 at 10:47 PM  
Blogger fuzkittie said...

Naked looks very pretty!

July 7, 2009 at 11:10 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

Those are beautiful shades :)
I really like black, then again, I've still got my goth card, despite all the bright colors I'm sportin' these days.

I think you're right, most people can pull off Oil Slick with a fun gloss over it. It might be interesting to see what Oil Slick looks like with MAC Dazzleglass in Sugarrimmed or Funtabulous over the top of it.

Confession is the most beautiful burgundy that I've seen in a LONG time!

I even like the nude pink Naked, though I just found my favorite nude pink from Aromaleigh in the color Sweet.

July 7, 2009 at 11:25 PM  
Blogger jackieg02 said...

OoO, I'm loving Naked....I'm adding it to my imaginary list of things I need to buy.

July 7, 2009 at 11:48 PM  
Blogger Crissy K said...

Oooh, I'm hauling all three. I do like dark colors. And oil slick is really wearable.

July 7, 2009 at 11:54 PM  
Blogger - said...

I cannot pull off dark lip colors, so that wiped off 2 from my list immediately. But Naked is stunning! I may just have to pick it up :)

July 7, 2009 at 11:58 PM  
Blogger Mollie said...

I really, really want to try Confession and Oil Slick! I teeter between extremes daily (of wearing very au natural makeup and then going completely goth), so Oil Slick I'm particularly interested in.

This may be a dumb question! But the Ink for Eyes are structured like Asian ink bricks, right? I do Japanese brush painting, so if so that's insanely exciting!

July 8, 2009 at 12:25 AM  
Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

oil slick looks exactly like it's name! very cool color.

July 8, 2009 at 12:55 AM  
Blogger kirkichi said...

I'm in love with naked too :D

Aaaah Donnington - one thing I love about the UK, so sad I couldn't afford to go this year :(

July 8, 2009 at 3:33 AM  
Anonymous petitez said...

Wow! All 3 looks great! But I think I can only pull off wearing Naked! :) I've never tried UD lipsticks before.... Maybe I should try....

July 8, 2009 at 7:40 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi shontay!

hehe :-D Not yet but they will be August 6th. You can get them online at UD right now :-D

ahhh mac CC! *dances with you* can't wait for MAC :-D

July 8, 2009 at 9:15 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey robby!

Awww. It's very sheer that's for sure. Def head to sephora and swatchy as my lightening is kinda blah :-D

my pleasure :-D *hugs*

July 8, 2009 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey fuz!

It's gorg :-D

July 8, 2009 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd :-D

hehe :-D I've still got mine hidden away too!

absolut. It's really subtle and not full in your face black. particularly great for guys!

I'm looking forward to trying out a few bits with it!

Confession screams fall doesn't it?!

I'm loving naked and I hate nudes so that's saying ALOT!

Must go peep at AL :-D

July 8, 2009 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey jackie oooo will look amazing with your coloring! You must get it :-D

July 8, 2009 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey crissy

I was shocked how wearable oil slick is. I expected deep dark black but it's just subtle.

July 8, 2009 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Kiu

naked is incredible :-D and I hate nude pinks so that's saying alot :-D FOTD is coming up soonish if you're interested!

July 8, 2009 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey silk!

nice combo hun! I likey gothic vs natural :-D hehe!

yes they do kind of mimic ink bricks :-D hehe. The packaging is truly unique and very pretty. the peacock emblem is hand illustrated :-D

July 8, 2009 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey connie!

It does :-D hehe.

July 8, 2009 at 1:26 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

oooo it's so pretty kirsty -D!

aw buck up chica :D Next year?

July 8, 2009 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey pets!


def try good moisturizing formula so pretties :D

July 8, 2009 at 1:28 PM  
Anonymous jonnie said...

Darn it Muse, you are reviewing many lovelies recently that I have needed/will need to buy. The Moyoco Anno shu uemura cleansing oil, the Medieval lipstick, the new Surreal Skin compact, the Black Cat and possibly Kitten Smudge Pots, and now Oil Slick! You are breaking me here!

I no longer dress the goth part... something about getting old and having a military career put an end to that (although my lovely boyfriend still misses my black hair... (^_^) ). I used to line my lips in black and then top it with lovely maroon lipstick and blend until it was one lovely color. Sometimes I miss those days... Anyway, Oil Slick sort of reminds me of that and it seems like it may be a good, more... um... mainstream (sorry, I couldn't think of a better word!) of me getting that look.

What do you think Muse, could a pale-skinned, light brown haired (going darker for fall after my two weeks in the field this month though), blue-eyed Army girl pull this off? Not in uniform, of course... (^_~)

July 8, 2009 at 7:43 PM  
Anonymous fluffychicken said...

OMG MUSE!! this post has totally hurt my bank account...I MUST HAVE ALL THREE. i adore goth shades, and naked looks like an amazing nude!
i am reeally excited about oil slick, it looks like the most wearable shade of black ever haha :P

July 9, 2009 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jonnie

sorry about the delayed reply :-D LOL and sorry for creating so many lemmings :0D

Your list may have tripled once you see the new mac goodies I posted!

Awww! My inner goth stays under wraps too but it doesn't mean it isn't there :D I dare say I'm going to attempt black with red myself this season :-D
I think oil slick is very subtle, very wearable. For UD I expected some bold, black color but in reality it's very sheer and do-able :-D

I think you'll be golden ;-D def try swatching up in store first to see if you like how it looks on your wrist but I think it's very doable. I wouldn't wear it along but a bit of red under or over and you'll def look all kinds of hawt :-D



Hope this helps and talk soon! thanks for the comment hugs!

July 10, 2009 at 12:25 AM  
Anonymous Janet said...

Naked and Confession look beautiful. Can you do some close ups of your lips when you do your FOTD? Can't wait to see!

July 10, 2009 at 6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember Oilslick from the very very first Urban Decay collection! My first purchase was "Bruise" (gorgeous blue/violet iridescent I could never get away with now) and Oilslick lipsticks and "mildew" (shimmery camouflage green) nail polish. Might need to invest in UD once again...

July 12, 2009 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey fluffy chicken!

how are you!? Hehe i hear you! my inner goth is shivering in delight!

July 14, 2009 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey janet

def will try. my close ups always look crap :P bad lighting but def will try for ya :-D

July 14, 2009 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey anonymous

oil slick is quite a little beginner for ud...shadow, gloss, lippie now :D

July 14, 2009 at 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally got my hands on Confession (UD F&F). I'm pretty new to dark lippies, so I was wondering how this is compared to other brands' offerings, such as NARS Fast Ride, MAC Bing/Cyber, Chanel Hysteria, etc.?

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

August 24, 2009 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

awesome anonymous :-D

mmmm considerably different. The formula is a dreamy blend and very moisturizing when compared to other brands I've tried, MAC, NARS, Etc...can't say how they compare to those particular shades though as I only have Bing which is way more darker than confession. But formula wise they are different that's for sure.

Hope this helps!

August 26, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home