Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 21, 2009

Korres Primer Review Silicon-Free Primer


When Jebus set out to create primer he though of filling the pores of beautiful girls everywhere, of taming their oily skin, of creating a perfect canvas for makeup. During this creation process the Muse thinks he might have forgotten the rare few of us who don't really have a problem with oily skin or large pores......those of us who have dry skin, sometimes flaky bits on our face, and feel the need for a moisturizing primer that isn't silicon in nature.

Although he forgot much of this Korres remembered that we were around and in turn created the exact primer we need.

Jump ahead to hear my review.

Korres Primer makes my day all the brighter with it's silicon-free formula. If you're looking for a primer that makes your foundation easier to blend, allows your foundation to apply easier, and offers extra moisture to your face, Korres Primer is the way to go.


Although debate could arise that a creamy, moisturizing primer is basically the same concept as using a facial moisturizer, not the case. Facial moisturizers on a whole compared to primers are vastly different as they are a bit more greasy, aren't as dense, and don't offer that smoother feel that allows foundation to sit on top of skin rather than blend into the skin.

The formula is a moist, dense cream that adds extra moisture to the skin while prepping and priming for foundation. I'm unsure if I'd recommend it for oily skin but dry and normal skin types should rejoice at the prospect of a silicon-free primer. It's lightly scented with orange which I think is very nice although some may find they don't like it if they are sensitive to smell, as for me I think it just adds to the appeal of the product. The product absorbs upon contact with skin but still manages to cast an invisible barrier on top of skin so that foundation doesn't oxidize or absorb away completely into skin. It keeps foundation fairly fresh but I didn't notice extended wear when using this.




Overall, if you're not a fan of silicon based primers and just seek a simple, effective way to prep and prime your dry skin (or normal) prior to foundation Korres Face Primer is a great choice. I liked it alot and will purchase it again when I'm through. The $28 price tag could be a bit much for some if you are just wanting to test out so it's nice that Korres has a smaller size for a mere $10 which should get you a few uses prior to indulging in a bigger size if you end up loving it.

Anyone try?

Love?

Leave?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

I recently just got this and began my adventure in experimenting with this. I have to say, it did not work for me. :-(

It left my face a streaky, greasy mess by the end of the day. It's too bad because I loved the feeling when I first applied this on my face in the morning! Alas, I think I will be sticking with my Chanel sunscreen (which also works WONDERFULLY as a primer, yay!)

July 21, 2009 at 5:02 PM  
Blogger jackieg02 said...

I have oily skin and large pores and I have been using this for a while. I like it for everyday because I feel that it is my moisturizer and primer in one step. So that saves a few minutes when I'm rushing to get ready for work. I usually opt for something more mattifying on the weekends and when I'm going out, but I feel this is great for everyday.

July 21, 2009 at 11:26 PM  
Anonymous Jessie said...

Thank you Muse, Thank you Korres, and Thank you sweet baby Jebus!!
Moisturizing primer without silicone for us dry skinned girls- yay!

July 22, 2009 at 1:23 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey glitteryeyesxx

awwww that stinks hun. what kinda skin type are you?

ha no kid? now I need to run out and grab some chanel sunscreen hehe!

July 22, 2009 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jackie!

good to hear it works on larger pores! I always wonder if moisturizing primers are good for anyone with oily skin/larger pores.

July 22, 2009 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Jessie

lmao hehe you're most welcome.

yay indeed as I'm terribly dry :-D anything moisture I can get is a plus!

July 22, 2009 at 11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cannot wait to try this..

July 23, 2009 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

good stuff selena especially if you have dry skin!

August 18, 2009 at 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home