Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 21, 2009

L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara Review

I recently got a chance to try out L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara thanks to the gorgeous Helena over at Lipgloss Bitch. I haven't seen this outside of Sweden and the UK but I have heard the whisper of a rumor it's available within the US, where? I haven't a clue but people have been lucky to get their hands on it.

I imagine I wanted the mascara for a few reasons one of which was the fact that it mimics that of Givenchy Phenonmen'Eyes Mascara. Indeed, the medieval torture device that makes up the end of this applicator proves popular in the mascara world with junkies like myself. With it's round ball head and tiny little spikes one would wonder is it for applying to the eye area or torturing it?




Find out after the jump!

I will say I loved Givenchy Phenonmen'Eyes Mascara and the excitement of a cheaper alternative on the horizon seemed quite nice. I also loved that drugstore brands were taking risks with a unique design (even if it was a copy from a posher brand).

But where as Phenonmen'Eyes works well at lengthening, volumizing, and making lashes fuller, L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara fails, miserably. Explosion indeed, explosion of mess all over my bloody lashes.


Although the applicator is about the same size as Givenchy's it seems the formula is the epic fail in this mascara. The applicator picks up way too much of the inky black gel like formula and proceeds to glue lashes together, clumps them up, and creates havoc in the form of a hot mess. The mascara formula is the only thing I can blame as the applicator is an exact dupe of Givenchy. The formula turns my many lashes into one uni-lash by gluing them altogether in a terrible mess of product. On the up side when applied slowly you'll see decent results although lashes will need to be combed out to prove any worthy results with this. Applied to quickly or incorrectly and you'll end up with mascara all over your eye and a gooey, sticky, wet mess of lashes.






Before


After


As you can see in my after shot my lashes are a bit clumpy (this is after a comb through! They'd be glued together in one lash if I hadn't combed eep!) and there is mascara all over my lash line yak. It's impossible to apply this mascara without getting it all over the place.

The potential to create longer, fuller lashes is there but the formula is just to runny to succeed.

Overall, a complete and utter waste. Best bet is running out and splurging $28 on Givenchy, some times it pays to go the expensive route.

Final results? No likey. Bit hot mess waiting to happen.

Anyone try this?

Love it?

Leave it?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous LipGloss Bitch said...

I was really excited to try it out, but this mascara is so not for me. It gets quite a lot of ooh´s and ahh´s here in Sweden though, I don´t understand it at all :)

July 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey helena!

gosh it got really big raves everywhere I read..who are these people!? LOL it stinks!

oh well!

July 22, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home