Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jun 22, 2009

Smooth, Silky Summer Legs: Schick Intuition Plus Razor Review

Growing up in my house was quite a treat especially with a nutter mum like mine (but I love her so much regardless of how crazy she is). For a lady that shops the dollar store like it's Neiman Marcus you could understand her mentality of telling my sister and I that soap was the bestest shaving cream evers. From the first day I started shaving my legs my mother was the biggest supporter of using soap and water to get a clean, smooth shave. Ok, mum, not so much. I dunno about you but using soap so does not get me a clean, smooth shave. I think I get the job better done with conditioner than soap but since my mum is the dollar store queen she'd be the authority on using anything cheap (such as soap) to get the cleanest, smoothest shave possible.

Yes well that never worked for me. So please can I have my can of shaving cream now?

Of course when I seen the Schick Intuition Razor which had, you guessed it, a big bar of soap encasing the razor, I was skeptical to say the least. I mean this was everything I had rebelled against as teenager and now here I am trying out a razor that's encased in a big old bar of soap.


Oy vey.

Click it for the review!

So I'm always up for admitting how terribly shallow I am which accounts for my fascination with the Schick Intuition Plus Razor. The razor is now available in three limited edition design styles and I wasn't sure what got me more excited, the pink handle or those bloody limited edition words plastered all over it. Dontcha always get that belly flipping, oh my god must have it feeling when you hear the words limited edition? Even a razor gets me that hyper....God...I need a life and so do you because you know the feeling! Don't lie!

So....the razor. Basically the razor is encased in a bar of soap that eliminates the need for shaving cream as it lathers itself, shaves and moisturizers in one step. Ok, I likey simplicity. Although the razor looks pretty bulky it actually performs quite well as it pivots and fits the contour of my leg nicely. The moisturizing head takes a second to lather up but after a few swipes it does begin to foam up and creates a nice glide for the blades. This doesn't produce a mass amount of lather or foam but it does give enough to give a good glide to the razor which in turn gives me a nice, smooth shave. I like the idea of eliminating the need for shaving gel as I'm always fumbling around in the shower for the can but I also admit that it's a crutch of some sort and I miss it when I'm shaving without it for some odd reason.








I didn't experience any cuts or nicks using the razor and it gave me a good, clean shave. It did take a second for me to get used to the bigger handle but I quickly adjusted plus it's pink so all was quickly forgiven, the Muse likes pink! I actually could get used to using this as it would be a bit cheaper for me than buying razors and shaving gel. I did read a review stating the soap ran out quickly but not for me, seems to last until the razor dulls or at least almost.

So far the Schick Intuition Plus Razor is my Summer pick for smooth, silky legs. Loves it!

Schick has these available in three limited edition handle designs, so if you're anything like me you'll want to pick one up for the handle alone. Yes, the little things in life make a Muse happy such as a pink handle for one thing!


What razor do you love?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely hate having to shave...
I use an epilator...but I actually dislike it as well! lol. I wish I had money to get it lazered off or something! lol (i make myself sound like I'm a hairy beast :P)

Anyway the thing I really like about the intuition is that I can dry shave. I know its bad for your skin, blah blah...but for a gal who hates having to shave, a dry shave is as close as i am going to get. lol anyway i haven't knicked myself yet, and it doesn't leave too much of a residue that i have to wash off. so I do like it for that.

ps muse im glad your sites back! i got a tad worried :)

June 22, 2009 at 10:52 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi rasilla!

ditto :-D I had my underarms lazered years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. :-D one less thing to worry about.

damn girl you're lucky if I tried to foot a dry shave I'd end up with bloody legs since my skin is dry.

Aw thanks hun dunno why you had probs viewing how strange!

June 23, 2009 at 11:41 AM  
Anonymous iamalejandra said...

The Muse and I are going to fight over this post!!
I hate this silly silly razor. I tried using the regular Schick blades with the "anti-nicks & anti-cuts" wire thingies, and I feel that the blades dont get as close to the skin because of those damn little wires that come in between the skin and the blade.
My 2nd issue with the Intuition is that the only really "usable" part of the huge soap bar is the part that is underneath the blade!! What good is the soap on top of the blade? I dont need extra soap on a part of a leg that the blade has already been through.
Which brings me to my 3rd point ... once you use the blade a couple of times, what good is the soap near the pivoting mechanism of the blade?!?! You can only use the blade & soap combo as long as the soap is somewhat close to the actual blade, the rest is useless.

I love you Muse, and I don't mean to be rude, but IMHO this one is a big fail.

I still love me some Poe though!! =D

June 23, 2009 at 4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have a favorite razor...I'm contantly buying a new type. heh

You lazered your underarms and it worked??? I've always heard that it's basically a scam...that doing laser never really removes the hair permanently. Is that wrong??? I've never known anyone personally, so I'm a bit fascinated to know that someone other than a paid actress/model says it works.

June 30, 2009 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

LOL iamalejandra

Holy cow girl you have some ranting going on LOL! I heart you too :-D rant all you like hun! hehe! Sounds like a bad experience all around to me lol. I honestly didn't think it was so bad at all. Granted it's def not the best razor out there but I liked having the soap so easily accessible as I shaved plus I didn't find any probs with the razor "reaching" my leg because of the soap. If anything at all I thought the soap aided the glide of the razor. But I feel your pain lol :-D it's ok *pats your head* we'll get you another razor to play with promise k?

;-D

July 1, 2009 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi livemusicjunkie

I do the same. I kinda go through stages with razors!

One place I don't have a ton of hair was under my arms. Everywhere else I'm a hairy beast but my under arms never really had a ton of hair so yes laser worked great for me!

I had 6 treatments in one year and another 6 within 2 years and after that I don't see a spot of hair.

I think it depends on the thickness of your hair. I bet if I tried my legs it wouldn't be as good a result!

July 1, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home