Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jun 25, 2009

Lush Dark Angels Cleanser Review: Incredible!

The good word on Lush Dark Angels Cleanser is about to unfold oily skin chicas. Lush Dark Angels Cleanser is Lush's newest "breakaway" cleanser which is a mud scrub for oily skin types made of charcoal and rasshoul. I told you more about it in a prior post which you can see here.

I'm neither young, nor oily, nor dark skinned as recommended for users of Lush Dark Angels Cleanser however I am a Lush lover and that qualified me to purchase some and try it out!


Click to find out what I think.

I'm sorry but I suddenly feel the need to defend the fact that I'm about to review skincare. It's been said, if you listen to a whisper of news, that if I'm not a scientist or if I can't provide proper proof of my results with an item that I am not qualified to review it for you (another words my freedom of speech is being threatened). The fact is I must give you a disclaimer that no I'm not a scientist and the below results will vary.

Now that we got passed that boring stuff...on with the good stuff!

If you're a Lush lover you already know this but for the non Lush users allow me to explain the term "breakaway" cleanser. Lush makes several cleansers that are cut from a "roll" and sold by the pound, quarter slice, etc....these pieces are placed in tiny little containers and sold off to Lush fans far and wide by weight. They are entitled breakaway cleansers because you break off a tiny piece from the larger "roll" and proceed to use it. Thus Lush Dark Angels Cleanser falls into this category. To use it, you'll break off a small piece, mix it with a few drops of water, work it into a paste, and proceed to cleanse your face with it. Do keep in mind that I consider these cleansers a type of after treatment. Another words do remove all your makeup prior to "cleansing" with this. That's the way I like to do it and I think it's the best way.






Now....Dark Angels. Let's get to that review.

If you're familiar with Lush Coalface you'll love Dark Angels. It's basically the same product as far as I am concerned but it a different format. Coalface is a solid soap format where as Dark Angels is a breakaway cleanser formula. The difference between the two would be Dark Angels is far scrubbier. It has alot of little tiny, fine pieces of charcoal in it which makes a great dead skin scrub. This could prove a bit much for those with sensitive skin though. A little bit goes a long way and one little drops covers my entire face in black mud. It smells like a mix of charcoal and licorice which I find pleasant but some may find revolting.






The results....

One use makes my skin feel smoother, made it glow, and removed traces of oil. I tried it after a long day and my face was oily on the forehead and by the sides of my nose with dry spots on my cheeks. Although meant for younger, oilier, problem skin it successfully worked on the cocktail of combination skin I had going on. I was scared it would dry my skin out badly but it simply made it feel smoother and removed all traces of oil and dryness while leaving behind a nice healthy, glow. To say I was surprised is an understatement. I honestly though I'd end up drier than I already am after use but nope. If anything it made my skin smoother and more refined. This is of course after one use so I'll proceed to test further and see what happens so far I adore the results.

I imagine Dark Angels has the potential to have incredible results for anyone with oily skin. It seems like the ideal treatment for soaking up oil and mattifying skin. I suggest heading to Lush for a small, free sample and trying it out in the morning prior to a shower. Just wet your hands and work it into a paste and proceed to scrub it onto your face. Afterward step into the shower to rinse. This makes a big mess so it's best used this way rather than rinsing over a sink. It's also beneficial as you'll start your day with a nice matte skin thanks to the cleanser.

Lush Dark Angels Cleanser is so far a winner hands down for me. Pleasantly surprised by this little cleanser by Lush but really I shouldn't be surprised at all because Lush is ace in the skincare department as far as the Muse is concerned.

Loves it.

Anyone try yet?

Loving it?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I'm a big fan of coalface so I might try this out, though portability is an issue for me. To judge by the container, is this something I should be keeping in the fridge like the lovely jelly body cleanser things? Or is it that they just use the same plastic container for this as those, and it can in fact be carted around this stick hot summer environment just as well as coalface can?

June 25, 2009 at 9:23 PM  
Blogger jackieg02 said...

I love me some Coalface so I may have to give this a try when I'm done with the bar I have.
PS I'm slowly becoming a Lush addict.

June 25, 2009 at 11:38 PM  
Anonymous Paopao said...

I LOVE this stuff!
I've been using angels on bare skin for 2 years now, and I changed to this as soon as I tries it. Wonderful!

June 26, 2009 at 4:40 AM  
Blogger Alli said...

I've been considering purchasing from the Lush Uk site (I live in America). I know you have before so I'm wondering what you think. Does it take a very long time to receive items? Is the shipping outrageous?

Thanks

June 27, 2009 at 1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh great review Muse~
Personally I have only tried one wash...and that was because I was at a friends house and stole some of hers to use. I tend to be easily overwhlemed by smells and have issues with the store and perfume counters...
but this is intriguing. There was a huge movement with Korean women a few years back, where charcoal was used in everything for beauty, even in teeth.
lol it was weird seeing my mom wish black foam in her mouth :T
anyway I'm quite intrigued by this one! might just have to hold my breath so that I can enter a store and pick up a bit :)

June 28, 2009 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jenn

ditto! :-D Naa you can keep it by your sink no probs. Or in the fridge if you want. It won't go bad though out in the open! So long as your bathroom is somewhat cool it'll be a ok :D If you love coal face I bet you'll adore this!

July 1, 2009 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jackie,

If you like coalface I deem this a winner :-D I'ma coalface fan and adore this.

yay for lush addicts :D

July 1, 2009 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi pao pao!

I love angels myself and I switched up for this as my skin is a tad oily in the summer :-D

Good to see you pao pao!

July 1, 2009 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi ali!

nope. items are dispatched and usually end up on your door with 4-7 days or so. ;-D Shipping isn't outrageous if you order ALOT of items as that way it evens out to about what you'd pay for items on the US site. I always find Lush from the Uk fresher and better :D But if you're only ordering 1 or two items shipping will be costly but a larger order will save you $$ :D

Hope this helps!

July 1, 2009 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi rasilla

thanks hun! I totally understand lush is overwhelm ing in store as the smell is overpowering as hell :-D but this is worthy of a peep, get a sample to try first.

hehe yes charcoal has been kinda a hit for me too at times...loving the story of your mum and washing her teeth with it but it does really work LOL

July 1, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home