Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jun 25, 2009

Beauty Most Unusual: Nightingale Droppings Facial Cream


Birds nest, crushed pearl powder, all of these are possibly different, unique Asian skincare techniques but Nightingale Droppings Facial Cream falls under the Beauty Most Unusual realm!

Bird poop in your moisturizer? They has it!

Check it after the jump!

I dunno about you but I'm not sure if I'm up for spreading bird sh..ahem...bird poop on my face. I've tried bird's nest and crushed pearl powder as I believe everything and anything that Asian's tell me about proper skincare but I may have to draw the line at Nightingale Droppings.

Supposedly the crap of a nightingale works as an incredible mask treatment for the skin by removing heavy makeup and leaving behind smooth and supple skin. Thankfully it's a fragrance free experience.

Alright, if I'm honest I admit I'm curious......

Now where can I find a nightingale do you think?

Image Source

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger bk377 said...

I've got something on a par.... I was once sent a jar of placenta face cream to try. Didn't say where placenta originated from and in the end I just felt too icky to touch it. Urgh.

June 26, 2009 at 12:11 AM  
Anonymous MandyP said...

I'm sorry to say that I bought and used this crap and it left my face looking like...SHIT. Why am I even surprised? Anywho, this crap completely ruined the texture of my skin; after using this crap religiously, I found that my skin had become rough and bumpy where once it was glassy and smooth. I thought it was all in my head and that a little bird crap wouldn't do SHIT to my skin, but I was wrong! Even my mother noticed the change and commented on it. Now I've had to spend $$$ on peels and retinol-treatments to undo the damage done by this stuff. >:-(

Caveat Emptor: THIS CRAP WILL MAKE YOUR SKIN LOOK LIKE SHIT!!!

June 26, 2009 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Shop N' Chomp said...

Haha...I think I draw the line at droppings too. I remember there was an Oprah episode where this was mentioned too.

June 26, 2009 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger Vivi said...

Actually, did you know that Japanese geisha used to smear Nightingale droppings as a kind of facial cream back in the day. I don't know if it worked, but that's what they believed in. Apparently, it used to be a luxurious item that only really successful geisha had.

June 27, 2009 at 11:57 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

ewww bora does not bear thinkin' about!

July 1, 2009 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

lol mandy you actually tried it?

bless be! LOL

July 1, 2009 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

lol shop and chomp.

I'll skip too :-D

July 1, 2009 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

yup akkiko :-D

read that. Love me some geishas but not so keen on smearing crap on my face hehe

July 1, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home