Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Mar 12, 2009

Vintage Sister Elbow Grease Review

Oooo the weather is warming up...kinda...sorta...ok, not really but soon it'll be warmer and you'll want to have picture perfect knees, elbows, and legs. You'll be wearing shorts, you'll be showing your arms, and tons of skin will be on display for all to admire or if you're wobbly like the Muse you keep those bits under cover hehe!

You're so NOT wanting to have crusty, flaky, dry elbows, knees, and legs right? Don't panic. Solution ahead!


I'm a big fan of Lush Massage Bars as I think they do my skin a world of good especially the dry, ickier parts of my body but I'm all for an alternative that's cute and sweet smelling!

That's where Vintage Sister Elbow Grease comes into play! It gives me a bit of a sweeter option with kawaii packaging. What's Elbow Grease anyway? Elbow Grease is simply a solid moisturizing bar that you can rub on your dry skin to smooth it up. You take the soap shaped bar and rub it on rough elbows or knees or anywhere else dry skin is cropping up and as your body temperature rises the bar will melt slightly into a creamy, dreamy moisturizing treatment.




Vintage Sister steps up the game and makes Elbow Grease extra cute and travel friendly by housing it in a sliding tin case. Slide the tin open and pop the bar out for use, after you're done pop the bar back in and slide the tin closed!



Elbow Grease is $10 USD a tin and comes in six fun scents! I have mine scented in Carribean Fruit which has touches of tropical orange, cherry, coconut, and pineapple! It's a combo of sweet, tropical fruits that's sure to get you in the mood for Spring!

Each bar will last around a three to four weeks with daily use. It works fabulously well at making skin extra smooth and particularly makes your legs feel wonderfully silky and short ready for the Summer!

All in all I'm still a big lover of Lush Massage Bars as they perform the very same way but I really like the fun, quirky style of Vintage Sister which is what makes Elbow Grease such a hit for me.

Snag some today at www.vintagesister.com

Shipping is very reasonable as well ranging from $1.99-$2.99 USD or less within the US and $6 USD and up for International Orders.

Loves it! Works a treat and getting the Muse all soft and silky again!

Tried it?

Want to?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is adorable! Thank you for the heads up, I'm going to try one out.

March 18, 2009 at 1:47 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

my pleasure anonymous :-D

come back and tell me whatcha think!

March 18, 2009 at 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have *really* rough elbows, so I definitely plan on trying this! Thanks Muse!

March 20, 2009 at 3:08 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous!

Awesome :-D

do let me know how it works for you hun!

March 23, 2009 at 12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i ordered the Honey Almond - can't wait to try it!! :)

April 2, 2009 at 4:05 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

awesome anonymous do stop back and give the good word :-D

Enjoy!

April 3, 2009 at 4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long does the smell last once it is applied? :3

June 8, 2009 at 7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Srry If I a commenting more than once...

(It said to try again.)

I wanted to know how long the smell lasts once the elbowgrease bar is applied? :3

June 8, 2009 at 7:37 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello celo!

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I'd say...mm..about 2 hours or so...maybe three. it depends on your body chemistry of course as well. I apply to my elbows and I'd say the scent lasts about two hours at best.

Hope this helps!

June 16, 2009 at 4:50 PM  
Anonymous Ashley said...

Thank you so much for this review!! I LOVE Vintage Sister and I was wondering about these!! I get very dry rough spots on my fingers from stitching all day- these might help!! By the way I also really liked the review you did on the Pucker Up Trio from Vintage Sister- I ordered it!! :) Also I appreciate the review you did on Beautiful Twists- I love everything Ella makes!! I make the appliques for the sets in her new shop- Beautiful Rubbishville- you have to check it out if you haven't yet- so many great new scents and twists- here is the web address-
www.beautifulrubbish.etsy.com
You can even become a resident of Beautiful Rubbishville and have a set made in your honor!! Love your blog Hon!! -Ashley

June 28, 2009 at 9:50 PM  
Anonymous Ashley said...

I also wanted to ask if the tins the elbow grease comes in is the size of the tins the trios come in? thanks sweetie!! -Ashley

June 29, 2009 at 8:57 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi ashley

sorry hun I'm delayed with my reply again!

My pleasure!

I adore Elle. She's a lovely girl :-D I had no idea she has a new site. That's fab.
omg really?!!!!!!!!!!! I totally need a set for Musings hehe! Thanks for telling me about it :-D

June 30, 2009 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi again ashley

also forget to add glad you are loving vintage sister :-D Yes it is :-D Same size!

June 30, 2009 at 4:33 PM  
Anonymous Ashley said...

Thank you for answering my questions! Love your site!! Do please get a set!! That would be so fun!! And try the Peanut Butter Pickle Sandwich!!

June 30, 2009 at 11:50 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

my pleasure hun!!! thank you for your patient while I get to them :-D

I surely will I actually have it a balm from BT's hehe good stuff!

July 14, 2009 at 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home