Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Dec 31, 2008

Art Deco Glamorous Highlighter Review

The Muse would never admit it but she has one too many pretty face powders. Pretty face powders are somehow her downfall and she can't resit ones that sparkle, shimmer, or are just generally pretty.

Of course when she laid eyes on the Art Deco Holiday Collection one of the first items that jumped up and bit her on the butt was the Art Deco Glamorous Highlighter.

Oy vey...another shimmering powder to add to the big stash growing in this Muse's vault! But hey a girl can never have one too many right? Just nod yes to make your Muse feel more comfortable about her obsession!





I guess we can chalk Art Deco Glamorous Highlighter up as being a really good deal considering it can be used as both a highlighter and an eyeshadow palette! W00t! That means I don't feel nearly as guilty as I normally would adding it to my beauty vault of obscene powders.




The palette consists of three warm shades that range from a creamy vanilla, a light brown with hints of peach, and a coffee brown shade. The colors aren't really anything to get too excited about and I was actually a tiny bit scared to bother using them on my face as they look like they might be a bit muddy once combined. Although the shades start out as shimmery it sadly ends up quite matte as the powder contains a fine layer of shimmer that quickly disappears after use. Oh well so much for pretty shimmering powder!




The powder actually worked quite well as both a blush and a highlighter as it was pigmented enough to give my cheeks a little pinch of a peachy finish. I haven't tried it on my eyes yet but I think it'll work equally as nicely as a sheer wash of shadow for the days I'm too lazy to do a complete look. In the photo below I'm wearing the highlighter on my cheeks



All in all the only disappointing factor was the lack of shimmer after just one use but by now I am used to products being sprayed down with a top layer of shimmer considering most Japanese palettes and compacts favor this method to make a particular item appealing and pretty. Even without shimmer the powder successfully creates a nice, natural finish on the face.

I think it's kinda worth tracking down if you're interested in collecting obscure European cosmetic compacts or you just love powders in general like the Muse! I'm not Muse Approving it for purchase but I will say I did like it overall.

related posts

Labels: , , , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Tammy M said...

Oooh, I would never use it, just look at it. Don't feel bad about the face powder addiction, I am now officially addicted to MAC's MSFs!!! Every time I see one, gotta get it! My CCO just got Lightescapade, so I had to snatch it up...all the other ones they had are already in my collection...

December 31, 2008 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger Tammy M said...

Don't feel bad about your addiction, I have one for MAC MSFs! This is so pretty, I would get it just to stare at it!

December 31, 2008 at 4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey musey!
Talking about highlighters, have you checked out laneige's winter release, they have a shimmery powder highlighter as well as an eyeshadow compact and they look lovely.

And regarding shimmers, i've bought 2 lunasol eye palettes and one of them is Ruby from the Geminate line and i'd say i want them all! They are HG material! Have you tried your Ruby with Geminate eyeliner in 05 RB? It's a gorgeous dark ruby red and it should compliment any red/copper eyeshadow really well!
For the spring collection, Lunasol also has a red based eye palette called Red Gradation (based on the plum blossom) and it looks gorgeous! I think i'll be hauling me a lot of lunasol this month =D pricy but extremely worth it! I'm too busy stroking and polishing and staring at the palettes to think about anything else <3

December 31, 2008 at 5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and i forgot to add, the lunasol eye palettes DO have a instructional face chart! Take out the styrofoam lining in the box and voila! The instructions are printed on the [inside] of the box! You're supposed to cut the side of the box open to read it but i am too busy stroking the shiny pretty box and hence would never damage it ^-^

December 31, 2008 at 5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really ought to try to get some art deco stuff! i have never heard any complaints about this brand so far! and this palette ins interesting!

happy new year to you!

December 31, 2008 at 5:49 PM  
Blogger paperdollrevenge said...

That is a beautiful highlighter!

I'm definitely going to have to get more Canmake blushers, hehe, do you have them all?

Omg I just noticed your header image is a winter edition! I had the same idea but sadly was too busy to make a winter layout, I love yours though! =)

Happy New Year!!

January 1, 2009 at 3:41 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

the powder, with the patterns and all does look gorgeous. no wonder you were all over it!

January 1, 2009 at 6:39 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

WOW. the pattern on the powder is lovely. no wonder you were all over it!

January 1, 2009 at 6:39 AM  
Blogger Vanessa M. said...

its pretty! happy 2009 muse! <333

January 1, 2009 at 4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank u for stoppin by! :) happy new year!

January 1, 2009 at 6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've never seen someone so attached to glitter and sparkle.......but it's an adorable quality. :) seriously, i'm addicted to your site like you're addicted to shimmer!
happy new year!

January 2, 2009 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey tammy!

lol I used to be that way ABOUT all my LE products but nowadays I dig right in and use it! You only live once right!?

MAC MSF's are a total addiction I'm wth you hehe! I wanted to snag a backup of petticoat...best get on it before it's gone ;)

January 2, 2009 at 6:44 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi helena!

I already reviewed part of the laneige winter releases and also previewed the review for the powder :) I'll do a review on the powder and other eye palette soon. So far I just reviewed the 02 eye palette :) they are gorg!

You probably missed the review I did...it was a few weeks ago.
I seen the new spring collection and I think I want a few items but it's debatable still as I want to see what I'll be hauling from lavshuca and kate first and of course mj!

hehe enjoy!

Hugs!

January 2, 2009 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi helena...yes someone had told me :) Thanks for re-mentioning. In my comments someone had mentioned about the instructions being inside...I'm the same about cutting the box up...I just peeked in as i apply for the instructions rather than cut up the lovely box :)

January 2, 2009 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jojoba!

They have some hits and misses...more hits than misses ;) it's really a nice line and it's quite unique for the US so it's nice to have a brand from abroad to review ;)

Happiest New year hun!

January 2, 2009 at 6:48 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi paperdoll!

thanks :) Ummmm that's a good question..I think I am missing one or two that just weren't suitable to my skin tone :) I have about 5 of 'em..they are worth collecting all though as the price is right dontcha think ;)

THANKS!!!!!!! So glad you're enjoying the winter header hehe!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

January 2, 2009 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Angeline!

hehe ;) It's just too pretty which makes it tempting as hell!

January 2, 2009 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello vanessa!

Happiest New year miss:)
thanks!

January 2, 2009 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi kalila!

My pleasure ;)
Happy New Year!

January 2, 2009 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi laura!

lol....I have a bit of a problem I fear :) Aw thanks *hugs*

Awwwwwwwwwwww I'm so glad you enjoy Musings :)!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

January 2, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home