Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Oct 28, 2008

Shiseido Maquillage Diamond Tear Gloss Review

Ho-hum! The Muse roped herself into purchasing a Maquillage Diamond Tear Gloss a few months ago and as she tested it she remembered why she avoids Maquillage like the plague.



Maquillage is a brand of make up exclusive to Japan that's distributed by Shiseido, actually it's one of several brands brought to you by our dearest Shiseido! Oh why oh why can't the US catch up with this stuff?

Anyway!

I purchased Maquillage Diamond Tear Gloss on a whim in hopes that it would be better then Maquillage Neo Climax Lip Gloss but of course I should have known it's about the same thing with very minor differences.

Now I originally didn't like the formula of Neo Climax at all so I thought maybe by some slim chance that Diamond Tear Gloss had some sort of improvement on it but honestly I should have known better considering that Diamond Tear Gloss was released prior so if the formula was going to get better it would have gotten better with Neo's introduction.



Diamond Tear Gloss has since left the shelves of Japanese drugstores I believe and has been quietly replaced with Neo Climax at least I believe it has however if you're wanting it you can still nab it on E-bay or online shops. Mainly I hate the texture of the gloss because it has a bit of a silicon feel to it which in the long run actually allows the gloss to stay in place for hours but still feels very uncomfortable on which is my main beef with the product. Aside from the strange formula and texture the gloss does have a pretty good finish and nice shine plus is pigmented enough to wear alone as a lip color if you so please.

Dress down day for the Muse! Apologies for the hoodie ;)






The applicator is the standard plastic tip which is very good as it fits well to the contour of the lips and glides the gloss on nicely without making a mess! Normally I prefer plastic spatulas however in this case the applicator is very good and not nearly as bad as the one on the Lavshuca Conc Rouge Gloss.



Many raves support the product including it's great staying power but ado the Muse can't get passed the uncomfortable silicon feeling on her lips and the raves just don't hold up to that rant!

Not a stash for the Muse but sadly a trash! I don't see myself making much use of this and I imagine it'll end up in the same pile as my Neo Climax!

The Muse recommends nabbing yourself a nice lippie or gloss from Kiss or KATE and skip the Maquillage! You'll thank me for it later!



Shiseido Maquillage Neo Climax Lip Gloss Review

Shiseido Maquillage Watery Crush Eyes Review

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Muse,

This is interesting, I've never tried any lipgloss with silicon in it at all. Nice color though, please don't throw it away. If you consider chuckin' it, at least can I have it just to see how the silicon works. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee ^_^

October 28, 2008 at 2:42 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi dao!

I don't think it actually HAS silicon in it but it feels really strange on...as if I'm putting a filler on my lips if that makes sense.

If it doesn't gross you out that I used it 1x I'll happily send it over.

Give me your addy!

Although be warned I'm shat at getting to the post office lately since it closes before I head home at night :(
so might be a while before I get it out!

Just a warning ;)

hehe!

October 28, 2008 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh no problem, I'll just use rubbing alcohol to sanitize the lip gloss. Thank you so much Muse, I'll email ya my mailing address *big hug*

October 29, 2008 at 2:31 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

sounds good dao ;)

You're most welcome honey...I haven't checked but I'm sure your email is there..my inbox is a tornado :)

Hugs!

October 31, 2008 at 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home