Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Sep 23, 2008

Etude House Brightening Eyes Duo Review

Etude House Brightening Eyes Duo was released with this year's Fall Collection. I like the idea that Etude House added a concealer to it's newest releases. Not many brands concentrate on anything outside of color come Fall so the idea of releasing a concealer to go along with the rest of the selections is quite nice.



Etude House Brightening Eyes Duo consists of a stackable duo of products to brighten and conceal eyes. On top of the jar is a slide open cream concealer in a salmon color that contains hints of pink but has a dominant base of peach. Two things I found curious about this shade of concealer was the fact at how well it worked at concealing and also the unusual color choice for Asian eyes.





In consideration that Etude House is a Korean brand and mainly disturbed within this country I thought the peachy pink shade was completely unflattering for Asian skin tones. Normally concealing with a yellow based concealer works best for Asian tones but to randomly come out with a shade like this really puzzles me on how well it'll work for those of Asian descent.



Blended


I was equally shocked that it worked well on me as I thought that the shade would be rather strange for concealing darker circles considering how flesh shaded it was. However, it does a pretty good job of concealing lighter dark circles.

The idea behind the product is to prep and prime lids and under eyes with the creamy primer that's tucked under the main concealer in a pot of it's own. The cream is moisturizing however this does not contain anything aside from some extra moisture for your eyes so don't expect it to fill in fine lines or treat them by using this cream. The cream does a fine job of prepping the eye area prior to concealer and I like it very much for this purpose. The cream does is very slightly pigmented as well and brightens the eye area up a tiny bit. The cream count account for the name of the product "brightening eyes" because it does successfully brighten the eye area up prior to the cream concealer every coming into contact with your eye. After prepping with the cream you'll follow up by using the concealer. Considering how well the cream has prepped the eye area the concealer glides on beautifully well and helps the blending process. I liked how well the concealer layered on top of the cream and created a soft focused look.



Although I love the duo and the look it left behind, it did have two main problems that prevent me from recommending this for purchase. One problem is the concealer lasts an hour, two if you're lucky. Long wearing concealer is absolutely essential for me and this does not last long at all. The second problem is the product is good for lighter wear however it's to sheer to conceal major problems. I personally feel like I need heavier coverage under my eyes and although this is buildable it still fails at completely covering all my woes. After 8 hours of good rest this may be good to use however if I'm looking at 6 hours of sleep and want to look like I had 12 I'll be reaching for a better concealer for sure!

I love the idea behind the concealer and think it's a rather perfect duo of products however the formula needs some work. I'd recommend it for younger eyes, those who have little to conceal, or if you just love cute products. I wouldn't recommend it for aging eyes, heavy baggage and circles.

I like Etude House Brightening Eyes Duo but I'm not loving it! A little work and they could have a rather perfect little concealer product on their hands!



Etude House Face Designing Brightener Review

Etude House Plumping Lip Tint Review

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger plue said...

sigh! i had wanted to put this in my list of buying, since I don't have eye concealer. the ones i have are now too dark for me, or too drying. time to throw. >_<

i have to go search... and foundation and concealers are my biggest problems. can't find the right shade. and i duno wat's my undertones. :(

loves,
plue

September 23, 2008 at 9:08 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi plue!

Sadly I'm unsure this will do a GREAT job of hiding mega circles but if you don't have to conceal alot I highly rec it :)

Aw :( Have you tried sitting down at a counter and asking? maybe an MA can recommend your perfect color?

:)

September 24, 2008 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger plue said...

i haven't tried asking MAs, becuz those here are either stuck up or DOES NOT know their prodcuts at all!

Seriously, and they call themselves SAs/ MAs.

I am a bit terrified of them, and because of the lighting inside the malls aren't natural light, I always end up with stuff either too light on me, or too dark on me. And those we MAs.

In the end, I resorted to searching my own and test and test and test on my own.

I wish I am in US, I think they have better knowledge in MU?

loves,
plue

September 24, 2008 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi plue!

Sorry for my delayed replies been swamped as heck this week!

I totally can relate. We got clueless MA's here too as well as snotty ass ones! :(


It really depends here. Sometimes you get some seriously experienced and expert advice however sometimes you get REALLY clueless people who knows basically nothing about makeup at all!

I always find it's best to test shades out for myself and products b/c about 99% of the time I learn nothing from MA's or SA's! Plus I have the same prob as you..running into snotty, attitude MA's :(

those are the worst!

September 30, 2008 at 3:54 PM  
Blogger plue said...

I usually take the concealer/foundation that I have which suits me best and bring along for comparison. Or I bring the one that is too dark or too light and bring out when I need to shop for something. Then at least my range is safer :P

Yeah, I hardly learn anything from them. Totally useless. >_<

September 30, 2008 at 11:42 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi plue!

bit late replying sorry honey!

good idea that's what I do occasionally when shopping ds :)

I always pick a lighter shade in concealer..I find that works best for me :)

lord me too...plus I get the attitudes from them which is worst :P

Hope your holiday is going well!

Miss u!

October 6, 2008 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger Kahani said...

Hi Muse! Just wanted to poke my nose in and say I discovered, to my surprise that peach concealer works much better for my dark undereye circles then yellow. I'm asian, and like you I always assumed yellow would work better. But nope. peach wins hands down. ;)

January 2, 2009 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi kahani!

I've tried peach myself before but sadly it makes me tired :) I'm glad it works for you! I find it interesting it does as yellow is always the order of business for making dark circles on asian and other skin disappear!

Glad you're finding this works :) This particular concealer has a bit of peach so it might be a winner for you!

January 2, 2009 at 7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home