Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 19, 2008

Olay Regenerist Eye Make-Up Remover Review

I recently ran across Olay Regenerist Eye Make-Up Remover. I loved the price and the idea behind the remover so much that I decided I had to try it for myself.



At $8 USD and some cents for a huge bottle that not only promised to remove my eye makeup but also sported anti-wrinkle treatment that would smooth, hydrate, and regenerate skin around my eyes I was prepared to have the perfect eye makeup remover on the planet.





Seriously, how many eye makeup removers have peptides in the formula? This was some serious eye makeup remover here.

I wanted to love this. I really wanted to love this. But I remembered things that sounds too good to be true normally are.

Turns out this is really not as great as I had hoped for. To begin with it stings terribly. To add insult to the injury of my burning eyes it also doesn't do that great a job of removing anything.

The formula is a creamy remover that you rub around your eyes or if you want you can pump a few squirts in a cotton pad. It did an ok job tackling my eye shadow but I definately had to do some major tugging to get all the shadow off however it did nothing for my waterproof mascara. After rubbing and rubbing and rubbing some more and finally rinsing my mascara was still right where I had put it earlier that morning. Granted, the product doesn't actually say anything about removing waterproof mascara nor does it promise that so I really shouldn't rant but regardless, it didn't do that great a job with my shadow either.



I liked the fact that it was creamy and I liked the mild, fresh scent of it. I didn't see too much of a difference in my fine lines after two weeks of use so the promise of regenerating my skin didn't hold too true. It is moisturizing, wish I could say the same of my other eye makeup removers.



All in all between the stinging sensation and the poor performance in removing shadow and mascara I can't help but be disappointed.

The Muse wasn't loving this one!

Tried this?

Love it?

Didn't work for you either?

Tell the Muse!



Balms Away Eye Makeup Break Up Review

Etude House Eye and Lip Remover Review

Too Faced Lash Injection Antidote Eye Makeup Remover

Eyeko Face Off Wipes Review

Cleansing Express Moist Cleansing Lotion Review

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate stuff that stings your face :(
There were a few different types of moisturizer with spf that I tried that stung my skin, so I stopped using them. I want to say I think it was a neutragina. But, I have such sensitive skin, I just usually assume it's my skin, not the product sucking.

August 19, 2008 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger jensun said...

I'm proud of you for trying it, sweets, 'cause to me it looks like a bottle of Clairol hair color. Take another look and tell me I'm wrong! ;)

August 19, 2008 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

dd in this case it wouldn't be your skin it's the product!

Ugh feels like pouring acid in my eye AHH!

August 19, 2008 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey fiftycenthead :)

How are you!

LOL too TRUE! It does!

It also happens to feel like I'm pouring dye into my eye lol!

August 19, 2008 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Tammy M said...

Yikes!!!! Hate stinging of the eyes! Thanks for this, I will definitely pass it on by. On the plus side, I like the pump bottle!

August 19, 2008 at 1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has Mineral Oil in it!!!! You shouldn't ever use anything on your face with Mineral Oil in it - especially around your eyes. Mineral Oil can lead to white bumps (Milia) around your eyes.

If you're in need of a good eye makeup remover try Dermalogica's Soothing Eye Makeup Remover. It will cost around $15 but it will last you way longer than the Olay bottle because a little bit goes a long way. It won't sting - it rinses clean and it even strengthens your eyelashes!

August 19, 2008 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey tammy!

Totally not digging sting :P

I like the pump, the size, and the price but damn it's garbage :P

August 20, 2008 at 2:58 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi amy!

I didn't know that! Thanks so much for telling me!!!!!! I knew retinol occasionally caused milia but no idea about mineral oil.

Wow thanks!

How is it for WP mascara?

Thanks for the rec and for telling me about the mineral oil YIKES!

August 20, 2008 at 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bodyshop's camomile eye makeup is the best for me..i think its great for cleansing the skin as well.

November 15, 2008 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi nadiah!

I've been meaning to try this for a while!!!!!!! :) I must grab some if you think it's good I'm sure I'll like it!

November 17, 2008 at 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home