Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 19, 2008

Eyeko Touch Up & Go Concealer Review

Wow I've covered ALOT of concealers these past month haven't on? And guess what? I'm still going strong and bringing you a brand new batch of concealer reviews this week!

If you missed my introduction please see my Good, Bad, and Great Concealer post to see what's been reviewed so far!

Today I'll be reviewing Eyeko's Touch Up and Go Concealer which promises to wake up my eyes and put my blemishes to bed. I don't use concealer to conceal blemishes so I guess under the eyes it will be!









Does it deliver on it's promise?

Not quite.

Although the packaging is super cute, and the price is just right, plus the fact it comes in a click pen makes the Muse happy doesn't mean that it's an awesome concealer. The bad begins when the product is only available in one shade...uh oh...not good. The worst begins when you figure out what an unflattering nude, beige, slightly peachy combination it is.



Although it's pigmented enough to conceal dark circles brilliantly well I felt like the color did nothing for my eyes. The color matches my skin perfectly however speaking for myself and I'm sure many others prefer concealer a shade or two lighter than your foundation. In this case the concealer matches the tone of my skin and does nothing for brightening or waking up my eye area. Although it does conceal my dark circles it fails to create a fresh, awake look and I blame that on the color. The formula is moisturizing and dense while blending very well however the wear is two hours if you're lucky. It contains a blend of Jojoba for moisture and a soft touch.





Sometimes the Muse gets suckered in by cute packaging and can convince herself the product is really good because she's so in love with the uber sweet packaging however in this case it's just bad.

As I said it is inexpensive at £5 and it's probably good if you don't mind the color or the lack of wear but personally I didn't like it.

Thumbs down on this one.

It's a trash and not a stash!

Tried it?

Love it?

Which are your favorite "pen" concealers?

Tell the Muse!



Make Up For Ever Lift Concealer Review

L'Oreal Visible Lift Concealer Review

Patricia Wexler, M.D. Instant Airbrush Concealer Pen Review

Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Concealer Review

Physicians Formula Circle RX Concealer Review

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Review

Lancome Maquicomplet Coverage Concealer Review

Jelly Pong Pong Nicola Roberts Dainty Doll Concealer Review

Clarins Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Chic and Sassy said...

ah cute box it comes in... I wish i could get a job for something like that :p theres just so many cute wrappings, boxes and what not for makeup now!!!

August 19, 2008 at 5:08 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

zoe!

how are you my dear girl :)

I can TOTALLY see you doing something like this ;-)

You have the talent! You should create your own cosmetic line hehe.

something kawaii ;)

August 20, 2008 at 3:29 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

I bougth the glow one but not use yet. I like to ask is it a must to use eye conceal before put on eyeshadow?

June 26, 2009 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi sherry!

awesome :-D no you can put it on with concealing first if you like!

June 30, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home