Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 5, 2008

Blinc Lash Primer Review

Although Blinc is virtually a no name by some it doesn't fail at creating an amazing lash primer that I simply love!



Personally I don't see Blinc as playing ball with the big league mascaras out there however they make a solid line of products that deliver on their promises.

One such product would be the Blinc Lash Primer. I've been using Blinc Lash Primer for over a year now and I simply haven't found a better primer and I've tried alot!

I noticed in my primer travels that most cause spiky lashes, cake my mascara, and just generally make a mess and by the way what the hell is the point of a lash primer anyway! Seems like another endless step in the beauty routine!



Blinc's Lash Primer has changed my mind completely about lash primers and made me realize how beneficial it is to use one prior to to mascara. As I said most primers have just created a mess for me however this one succeeds at making lashes longer while conditioning them and causing less breakage.



One key benefit to the primer is the fact that it adds both length and volume to my lashes. Yes, I can achieve both with a curler and a good mascara however the primer does add at least 2 to 3 times the amount of volume and length I'd get by solely using my curler and mascara plus it offers protection against breakage. I find I lose alot less lashes in the eye makeup and mascara removel when I've used a primer prior to my mascara. I felt like this would be extremely beneficial if you're Asian as Asian girls tend to have smaller lashes with alot of breakage and this might protect against breakage and also offer extra length and volume for short, stubbier lashes!



The formula is simply wonderful as well. Unlike other primers I tried it doesn't sport that strange elmer glue style texture that makes my lashes clumpy and spiky. Although the formula is white it goes on clear and smooths on as if I'm just using simple water on my lashes!

All in all it's become a part of my daily beauty routine and a real staple product. The primer is $16 USD and used to be available from Sephora however they have since stopped carrying the primer but you can find it on the Blinc website.

I'm on my 2nd tube of this since discovering it over a year ago so it definately gets a Muse Approval for purchase!



Works a treat and does what it promises makes it a staple product for the Muse! Try it out the Muse thinks you'll love it as much as I do!

If you wanna nab a steal and a deal head over to Dermstore to purchase it and using code TOTALBEAUTY92 to get 10% off your purchase!

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Beauty Addict said...

Hi Izzy, I've not tried this before but heard some raves.

I use Canmake Quick Lash Curler as my base. It holds curls very well esp so in humid SG! :) I love it. Doesn't hurts the pocket as well ;)

Anyway, have heard that a Sephora is coming to SG soon, with brands like Urban Decay and other brands. That's better than the pathetic Sephora counter we have here in DFS. At least a decent Sephora! I can't wait! :)

gracie :)

August 5, 2008 at 2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are the steps you take to apply primer, mascara and curl your lashes?

Is it just:
1. curl lashes
2. apply primer
3. apply mascara

Or
1. apply primer
2. apply mascara
3. curl lashes

Or another way?

August 5, 2008 at 3:34 PM  
Blogger Stephy said...

Thanks for the review, Muse! Have you tried the Shiseido mascara primer? How does that compare to the Blinc primer?

August 5, 2008 at 3:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for the rec, Muse! Blinc primer is cheaper than Shiseido primer by about 2 dollars, yay! I always want to try the lash primer because my lashes are so short and uncurly!

August 6, 2008 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

morning gracie :)

I think it's an understated item that doesn't get enough pub ;)

I haven't tried the canmake but I'm sure I'd rave as their stuff is pretty good and cheap as chips :)

That's awesome! better than spending heaps on airmail shipping! w00t!

Great!

August 6, 2008 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi dd,

I normally curl, apply primer, and than mascara :)
Hope this helps!

August 6, 2008 at 11:58 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hiya stephy!

you're most welcome!

Sadly I haven't tried the shiseido :( I wish I can compare the two but no such luck ;P If I try the Shiseido I'll let ya know!

August 6, 2008 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi dao!


You're most welcome ;) Plus 10% off! w00t!

If you try it stop by and let me know if it works out for you!

Hugs!

August 6, 2008 at 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok so next question!
What eye lash curler do you like best?

I've tried 3 different ones, I wanna say they were probably Revlon, and I've not ever really noticed much difference if I do the eye lash curler before the mascara. If I do it afterwards, it seems to make a difference. So I'm guessing I'm using a bad curler :P

August 6, 2008 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

shu :)

There's some debate over which is the best. shiseido or shu but for me it's shu all the way. particularly good for buggy eyed people like myself or asian girls as the curler has a wide set curve with a straight line.

I have a review on the mini and large curlers here :)

hmm you should see a huge difference I'd suspect the curler or how long are you pressing?!

August 6, 2008 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger Tammy M said...

I like my Shu curler...and I agree, it works for asian eyes better than any other I have tried...

I usually do either primer first (when I use it)or a very thin coat of mascara, let dry, then gently curl lashes, then apply mascara. If I don't do my thin coat before curling, then the mascara will just pull all the curl out...

August 6, 2008 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

I love my shu curler too :)

I think the straight line fits perfectly across for asian eyes or larger set eyes like mine!

My lashes are full enough to with hold without application first. So I normally curl than layer ;)

August 7, 2008 at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home