Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 11, 2008

MAC Electro Flash Review

Hmmm...guess what?

I only got two shadows from MAC Electro Shock and I left the rest. Shocking right? I thought for sure I'd want every single shade once I seen them in person but turns out I skipped out completely aside from buying a single lipglass!

I'm sorry guys! I hope you're not too disappointed in your dear, old Muse.

These weren't calling out to me sadly. Where as MAC Antiquitease and Flashtronic offered Mineralize Eye Shadows that were soft and shimmery these just felt a bit chalky to me. They also were very, very similar in color to Mineralize Shadows I already owned. These are extremely pigmented and they smooth on intensely but I can't quite explain what I'm not liking about the formula exactly. I guess they aren't exactly what I expect in a baked shadow. If you're at all familiar with the texture of Japanese eye shadow you'll understand what I mean when I say that these feel like a cross between a shadow and a cream. This could be one of my reasons for not loving them. The formula is vastly different in comparison to the mineralize shadows released with Antiquitease and Flashtronic.

Secondly, the colors aren't unique enough to warrant any raves from me. Yes, they are very pretty to look at but it's nothing I haven't already seen or own from MAC prior to this. I've read some reviews around on MUA and other blogs and most are really great, raving, glowing reviews but not for me sadly. I could be picky but these just didn't do it for me this time around! I did a few pics comparable the shades from Electro Flash to ones from Flashtronic and Antiquitease. Love Connection is a bit lighter to Engaging from Antiquitease but it's almost a dupe for the shade in my opinion. Mercuriel from Flashtronic is the same color in the Odd Couple duo as well. I felt like Silversmith was a pretty good dupe of Sea & Sky aside from the fact that Sea & Sky had two separate blues where as Silversmith had more of a gray side to it! The swirl side of Fresh Green Mix was comparable to Tectonic from Flashtronic.











I'm saddened to say that MAC Electro Flash was a disappointment for the Muse! The one highlight was the lipglass I picked up in Sonic Vibe which is a rather neat shade of strawberry pink!







Don't let my review discourage you though! Head on into your local store or hit up your counter and swatch them out for yourself! You may find some color you love!

For the Muse it's a bust!

Loving these so much it hurts?

Not really?

What did you haul from MAC Electro Flash?

Tell your Muse!

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger ~*MC*~ said...

I just want to go back and get that Sonic Vibe Lip Glass...I am still waiting for what I ordered from the Electoshock collection to come home to mama lol. XD

July 11, 2008 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

mc,

very curious what you'll think once you get them! I didn't like them so much :(

I'm eager for your review!!


Love ya!
Happy Weekend!

July 11, 2008 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Tammy M said...

I am not too excited about these either...I have too many colors that are really similar to them, so...*shrugs shoulders*

I will still check out the lippies, but same thing there.

I guess this is not a bad thing, I get to save some money.

July 11, 2008 at 12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're quite right about these. I must say, I love the way they look in the jars. There just very pretty but I'm not going to put them in a museum right? The colours didn't appeal to me as unique, and there is so much other great stuff coming up I'm goint to pass on the shadows. Sonic Vibe is coming my way as is Dangerously Hot and Lil'Hot Pepper.

Also, compliments on the blog, this is my first comment but you've been in my bookmarks for quite a while :)

July 11, 2008 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Stephy said...

ooo i actually wanted these eyeshadows so much after seeing their swatches!! i'm eyeing the pinks/browns (again)!! but i am not sure if i'll get them all since i have so many pinks and browns already!

July 11, 2008 at 12:30 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hey Tammy!

Mmm...ditto. They were just meh for me :P The lippies are worth checking out but I sometimes find that if I don't like the shadows in a collection I end up not falling all over myself for any of the other pieces in the color story!

exactly! or more money for sonic chic!

XD

July 11, 2008 at 12:48 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Bianca!

Happy to not be alone here. I thought everyone would be ranting at me for giving them a poor review :)

They look fab in the jars but aside from that..ah..meh.
Sonic Vibe is lovely! Good score :)

Well thank you very very much! I appreciate your visiting me daily =-)

I hope you'll come out to talk again soon!

Love chit chatting with my readers!

Hugs! Happy Weekend!

July 11, 2008 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi there stephy!

I was meh on them but some of the colors are way nice! I was into the green but I was being good and didn't bother hehe!

Happy Hauling whatever you end up getting!

July 11, 2008 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger Yellow Fever said...

thank you so much for posting this! it really helps me out b/c i don't want to buy everything-especially not dupes of what i already have!

July 12, 2008 at 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sonic Vibe looks yummie! I´m thinking Strawberry Daquiris :)

July 14, 2008 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey yellow fever how are you?

your blog is smoking lately :) read it daily!

these were a bit of a blah for me :( definatly head in store to swatch but I really felt they just weren't all that :(

July 14, 2008 at 3:54 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

lipgloss bitch,

I agree ;)

Edible and lovely looking hehe!

July 14, 2008 at 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home