Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 7, 2008

Beauty on a Budget: EcoTools 5 Piece Brush Set with Case Review

Finally something to rave about on the Beauty and a Budget front! Meet the 5 piece Brush Set from Eco Tools!





This set is $10.99 USD and comes with 5 great blushes plus a cool brush roll to store them in when traveling! I've been testing this little brush set out all weekend while I was away for a few days to celebrate the 4th of July and I'm happy to report it's worth dishing out your $11 dollars for! It's rather a nice little set of tools that's perfect for traveling with plus it has the added benefits of being earth friendly so you're not only doing something good for your wallet but also helping your enviroment out!

The set comes with a blush brush, concealer brush, lash/brow groomer, liner brush, and eye shadow brush. Each brush is made from synthetic bristles and 100% Cruelty Free. Although these are synthetic you won't notice much of a difference aside from the fact that they are softer than your average brush. The softness does not take away from the fact that they are dense enough for ease of blending and holding product on the bristles. Unlike other cheaper brushes I've tried these do not shed and the bristles stay firmly on the handle where they belong and not shed all along your face when using! They don't sport a funky odor either the way some brushes do which is a total plus in the Muse's opinion! The handles are made of quality bamboo which also has a low impact on the earth's resources as it is a highly sustainable plant...who knew?











No, they aren't MAC but they are pretty bloody good for those of you who are both consious of your Beauty Budget and green friendly. The price rounds out to about $2 USD or so for each brush included in the kit so you can't really good wrong by trying them out. You won't be disappointed as they are good quality brushes at a low cost.



My favorite of the brushes was the nicely rounded blush brush which I used to apply both powder and blush. It's wonderfully soft and silky!

The other brushes included are just as good and I'm loving the little hemp brush roll that makes traveling with these simple. Simply place each brush in a slot, roll, tie, and away you go. The roll holds the brushes safely and allows you to travel with the set without splitting the hairs of the brush or causing any damage to the brushes!





I can't help but be excited as brushes that are not only good quality but cheap! The Muse likes these alot and recommends nabbing a set for yourself!

Click here
to see what other cool products EcoTools has available!

Score some Eco Tools from Walgreens, Ulta, and K-Mart.

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, those look lovely! I wish the UK would catch on to decent brush sets!

July 7, 2008 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey laura :)

mwah!

I' be happy to grab you a set from walgreens ;)

Just yell!

I've seen the entire line at walgreens actually!

I actually purchased a second blush brush for myself this weekend ;) as I liked it so much from the kit!

July 7, 2008 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger Tammy M said...

Have you tried the Walgreens brand also? They are actually made by Japonesque for Walgreens! I have some of those, but I think I will pick up this set for travel...

July 7, 2008 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger Ethereal Prey said...

i got these brushes and I really like them. I like the big brush to apply brush cause its super soft! i don't like the lash brow groomer thing cause the brushes are super hard! >.< But I love it! :P

July 7, 2008 at 12:29 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hiya tammy..

No that I haven't tried yet. No kid!? I lov Japonesque brishes..ha..repackaged slapped with a walgreens logo ;)

Thanks for the tip off!

Will def need to check it out!

July 7, 2008 at 2:14 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Ethereal Prey!

Awesome! I like the big blush brush myself! So silky and soft :)

I haven't tried the brow groomer, I normally never use them :P

Everything else in the kit was pretty cool though! ;)

July 7, 2008 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger Megan Michelle said...

Hi This is my first time commenting, but I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your blog! I absolutely LOVE these brushes! Not only doing they work super well, they are also eco friendly! Have you check out their website? They have a few more brushes not sold in stores, its definitely worth checking out!

http://www.parispresents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=36

July 7, 2008 at 9:38 PM  
Blogger AskMeWhats said...

thanks muse! If my friend from US asks me what I want to buy from ULTA..i know what I want!! THIS ONE!!!!!

July 7, 2008 at 11:50 PM  
Blogger alien man?! said...

ack! I WANT

July 8, 2008 at 4:43 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi there College Beauty Addict!

Thanks so much! I appreciate your kind compliment ;) I'm so glad you're enjoying my mad babblings!

I have indeed ;) I actually have a link up in the blog entry! I didn't realize not all the brushes were sold in stores! Thanks for letting us know! Cool!

The brushes are very soft and blend very well. Most of my collection consists of expensive MAC brushes but these are a welcome relief on my wallet ;)

Thanks so much for the comment! Hope to talk to you again soon!

July 8, 2008 at 8:35 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hello there Nikki :) How are you!?

lol! Awesome! It's a nice quality kit for the price! If you need help purchasing it you know I'm here!

Love ya!

July 8, 2008 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hehe alien man ;)

Good deal eh?
;)

July 8, 2008 at 8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Muse, would like to ask a qn... is the Blush Brush in the set the same size and quality as the Blush Brush which is sold separately (last I checked $8.99)?? Also which is the concealor brush in the set? I can't seem to recognise it!

Thanks. I am considering whether to get just the blush brush or get the set instead...

January 5, 2009 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi getaway!

That's a good question..I BELIEVE these are all full size so I think yes it's the same one. Not sure about the concealer brush I don't know the number or anything as it's not marked...just says concealer brush...hope this helps!?

I dunno if it interests you or not but I am having a giveaway shortly for some ecotools so if you wanna wait maybe you'll win :)

January 6, 2009 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Hi Muse! I'm so glad to have found this article for EcoTools. :) I'm about to own a set which a friend ordered for me online at Walgreens. It just sucks that its price literally "doubles" when it's to be sent to the Philippines due to shipping, tax, etc.

From $11 (PhP517), it inflates to $24 (PhP1150)! I felt my wallet have a heart attack. But I guess that's the price I pay for wanting these...*sigh*

February 7, 2009 at 6:10 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anna!

That's fab. I know :( airmail right now is very very expensive sigh :( At least it's still cheaper than buying one mac brush right? :)

Do stop back again to say how you like these!

February 10, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home