Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Mar 24, 2008

Bobbi Brown Moisturizing Cream Compact Foundation Review

My love for Bobbi knows no bounds lately. I've done a complete 180 and I'm the biggest fan Bobbi ever did have.

I can't believe I went from bitchin' how bad her products were (or at least some I tried) to how fantastic they are!

I guess I seriously didn't give her stuff a chance because lately I'm an utter convert, fan, and lover.

I wanted to do a comparison review this week of Bobbi's Cream Compact Foundation vs. MAC Moisture Blend Foundation. But since I splurged some cash on Bobbi's Cream Compact I thought it would be a bit ridiculous and obscene of me to go buy some MAC Moisture Blend just to compare the two. I may still do so as I'm sick enough to go buy some out of the sake of curiosity but for now you'll have to settle for my review of Bobbi's Foundation.



First off I should mention I don't need a face full of coverage. If I had to go around with an entire load of mineral powder on my face all day or a ton of liquid foundation on you might as well shoot me dead in the head Zombie style.

Seriously the idea of having all that on my face all day scares me. I guess there may very well be a bit of irony in that statement considering I pack on eye color like I'm going to a rave but hey eye color and tons of foundation are two very separate things people!

Secondly, it deserves to be mentioned that I have some serious dry skin going on due to the cold weather. I'm a combination skin that gets oily come Summer and dried out in the Winter so using a cream foundation is an absolute life saver during colder weather!

Bobbi Brown's Cream Foundation promises flawless coverage, long wear, and relief for dry skin. Hey, I'm all over all three of those things!



I think this is actually made with a mature lady in mind that has drier skin, wrinkles, etc....however it's relief for my dry skin.

I normally use a cream foundation anyway so I had no reason to adjust to this or learn how to use it etc...My normal foundation is the Morgen Schick Hide and Highlight palette which is something you have to pry out of my cold, dead hands one day but I will say that Bobbi's Cream Foundation is slowly become a fast favorite that may very well end up topping my list soon!

The formula is extremely easy to blend and is highly moisturizing. I use Bobbi's foundation brush to apply to the inner corner of my nose and blend slowly outwards. I apply a bit to the shadows around my chin and shadows found under my nose, above my lip line.

That's it done.

Coverage is beautiful and as flawless as promised! It also happens to last about 7-8 hours without touch up which really makes me do cart wheels! Sweet! 8 hours of continuous wear? The Muse likey!

The compact has a sponge applicator it comes with as well which can be stored under the cream as it's a flip top which makes for ease of touch ups during the day if you please.

It goes on wonderfully smooth and my skin is quite happy afterwards as it doesn't flake up as a powder would. It just sinks in and creates a lovely canvas for my makeup!

I originally purchased Sand but it was way BEIGE! Holy cow! I swapped up for Porcelain and that's perfect.

Without Flash


With Flash


All in all definately worth my $40! I'm super happy with the results and the beautiful look of my skin when using this. If you have dry skin this is something you definately, sincerely need to try!

Do you use cream foundation?

Have you tried this?

Love Bobbi Brown?

Tried MAC's Moisture Blend? The Muse is curious tell me about this!

Tell the Muse!



Showing Bobbi more love when I tested, reviewed, and tried out the Metallics Palettes! Click here to read!

Click here to read my Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner Review!

Click here to read my entire review of the Bobbi Brown Pink Raspberry Collection!

Click here to read my review on the Bobbi Brown Concealer Palette!

Want more Bobbi Brown?

Click on "Bobbi Brown" in the categories and be whisked away to all my entires on Bobbi Brown Cosmetics!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Pao said...

Hi again!

I have a friend working at the BB stand and everytime I go she gives me tons of freebies. I have 4 mini moisturizing cream compact foundations :)

March 24, 2008 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Rabbit said...

Swe~~tie! :D
How was your Easter day?
I love cream foundations. I´m addicted to Studio Tech and I do love Moistureblend and Vitalumiere as well. In winter cream doundations are the most comfortable.
Now I`m feeling tempted by this one by BB! But I have to finish some of my foundations first. :)
Hugs!!!

March 24, 2008 at 7:30 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hiya pao pao!

hehe! Way to haul pao pao! Nice ;) Do you like these? I'm loving this as my main foundation lately ;)

March 25, 2008 at 6:34 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey eru!

It was great thanks for asking and yours?

Is moistureblend good? I'm deadly curious 'bout it!

I concur. When it's winter cream foundations feel lovely on my tight face!

this feels so light and lovely on plus offers great coverage ;)

Very pleased with it!

Hugs back!

March 25, 2008 at 6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They applied this on me at BB a while back; it looked nice enough, but I was between shades, so when I asked for a sample (to determine which shade suites me better), the sales lady balked and claimed that 'Bobbi doesn't do samples'. I've been thinking about this product for quite some time and might go back there and just purchase the damn thing to see for myself.

March 25, 2008 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hey Mandy

If you like a light, moisturizing coverage this does the trick perfectly.

I find the BB sales rep in Nordies are the same so I ordered it from QVC. They are a bit attitudey!

That's bull about the samples ;(

I'd give you some of mine if I was able to sample it somehow ;)

Because i loves you and stuff!

March 25, 2008 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger Rabbit said...

Muse :D
I´ll post a Moistureblend review soon at thepunkcat, so maybe you would like to see it. :)
I forgot to tell you that the changes you´ve made here look great. :) I´ll change my link here right now!
more hugs!
Eru :3

March 25, 2008 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger Pao said...

Hi again!

Yes, I like it. I thought it was going to be too greasy for my skin, but it's not.

March 26, 2008 at 4:32 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hiya pao pao ;)

me too! I was worried about the "greasey" "oily" feel but it felt so beautiful on!

March 26, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home