Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Feb 20, 2008

Vincent Longo Spring Collection 2008: C_Scope



I'm sure you've read about, saw, and know of Vincent Longo's new Spring Collection entitled C_Scope. I don't follow a standard blog line when I do posts about new Collections as I like to put my personal spin on my entries. And even though you may have already read about this elsewhere you haven't yet had a chance to discuss it here with me, your Muse! And I do so enjoy discussing upcoming collections with you guys plus you get the added benefit of my first impressions of the collection and you know I don't pull strings when stating my opinion about loving or hating something!



So C_Scope...looks nice. Very nice. I've noticed a few different Spring Trends developing this year one of which are the really loud colors such as you'll find in this particular collection! The collection consists of some super bold, primary colors that you may not be too tempted to try out!

Below are two of the promo model images from Vincent Longo's site and can I just say how awesome they both look!? Even though the colors are outrageously loud they still manage to look elegant and beautiful with some WOW thrown in!

White Angel


Blue Belle


The first promo image entitled White Angel pairs yellow with white and I can tell you that I totally want to try this out. I'm slightly confused though as doesn't it appear she's wearing the yellow liner all over her lid? I'm wondering how they achieved the completed look. Below this is the Blue Belle look which again appears as if she's wearing the blue all over her eye area.

I love, love, love both looks but it would be outstanding if they had directions, a video, or something to show us how to achieve these amazing looks!

On to the Collection...............

The collection consists of seven liners and mascaras in an array of unusual colors. Not particularly unusual as they are primary colors we see each and everyday but we don't normally wear these shades on our eyes. Bright Yellow, Red, Blue, White, Brown, Black, and Green are available in either your choice of liner or mascara. I personally want to attempt the white and yellow look as I was saying earlier so this could mean a possible purchase of the white mascara and yellow eyeliner! The blue is very tempting as well but I already have a similar blue color in a Neo Liner from Majolica Majorca's Summer Collection but that isn't very pigmented so depending on how well the yellow and white turns out I might indulge in the ultra blue mascara and liner as well!





Vincent Longo is a hit or miss brand for me but it does have many redeeming items that I enjoy using but some items are a sure fire miss for me! Of course this mainly sold me due to the amazing models and the looks created on each!

The collection is very promising and it definately makes a special appearance on my wish list IF I can pull off some of the same looks as the models! I'm terrified the liners will apply streaky and the mascaras will make me look like Cyndi Lauper circa 1981 or something equally scary but this hasn't prevented me from having those warm, squishy feelings about this collection!

With the mascaras and liners they also introduced a new product entitled Lip Vinyl which looks interesting as well! Shiny wet lips and loud eyes! The Muse likey!



Bravo Vincent Longo so far so good now I just need to use some of this and test it out to give it the hearty Muse Approval!

Want this?

Love it?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gimme Gimme Gimme more color! I am loving the look of this collection! Methinks getting a couple of pieces just might be unavoidable.

February 20, 2008 at 3:38 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

I think I sincerely need some of this :)

Isn't it lovely?

February 20, 2008 at 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home