Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Nov 2, 2007

Early Christmas Shopping Guide

Instead of my normal Steals and Deal entry this weekend I thought I'd present you with an early Christmas shopping guide!

I normally start Christmas shopping around the second week or so of November but so many good deals are around now is a good time to start!

If you're looking for a special beauty product for your friends, family, or maybe even a neighbor (or hey maybe you're looking for a little something to spoil yourself) here are some great deals that will please any girly girl on your list!

I'm not partial to it myself but the Sephora Blockbuster Palette would make a great gift for the cosmetic lover in your life! $48usd nabs you an array of goodies and if you happen to purchase it during the Friends and Family Event it'll cut the cost to $38usd! If you happen to live outside of the US I'd say this is still a good deal because it'll probably cost about $12-15 to ship via airmail so you end up with about the original price tag when purchasing during the discount!

Sephora Blackbuster Palette


The palette includes 64 eyeshadows, 32 lip colors, 7 blushes, one shimmer powder, four applicators, two blush brushes, and two lip brushes! Obviously with all that packed into one very sleek, smart palette it's a steal and a deal!

It may seem like a weird gift but I can't think of a single person who wouldn't love a big old bottle of Philosophy Candy Cane Three in One Shower Gel! You can get a HUGE helping of Candy Cane (32oz's of creamy, minty shower gel) for $25! The 16oz size is normally $20 so, hey, for $5 bucks more go super size and grab a nice large helping to get you through Christmas and beyond! You can nab this large size from QVC just search for item number A69545!

Philosophy Candy Cane Three in One Shower Gel as seen on QVC


Since you're going super size on the Candy Cane you can pick up the 32oz size of Gingerbread Man for $22.80usd! Just search for item number A74732 to nab yourself this deal. The Muse isn't a fan of this but she can't disagree on the great price!

Philosophy's The Gingerbread Man Three in One Shower Gel as seen on QVC


The prices just keep getting lower and for $21.97 you can grab the 32oz size of one of the Muse's favorite scented shower gels from Philosophy, Cinnamon Buns (I like mixing a little Candy Cane and Cinnamon Bun together! Yum!)! Item Number A61756 grabs you a nice large helping of Cinnamon Buns minus the calories!

Philosophy Cinnamon Buns Three in One as seen on QVC


QVC is probably the only place I've seen these large sizes available and I can't begin to say what a great deal they are! My target audience here at Musings of a Muse are from Asia and Europe so a little tip for you my pretties! If by chance you are lemming these fine items the Muse will tell you a nice little secret! You can purchase two or three of these and have them shipped via airmail for a flat rate of $37usd! The prices for the gels are quite obscene Euro side so this will most definitely save you a ton of cash! In your case if you purchased three of these and used the flat rate shipping method it would cost you about $35usd per a bottle which again is a great deal! If you happen to have a friend or family member to split the bottle with you'll each be paying about $17usd per 16oz which is almost the original price of a smaller bottle here in the US! A good deal all around in the Muse's opinion!

I've already previously mentioned this but it does deserve a re-mention you can get three 16oz Philosophy Shower Gels (these include little gift bags as well!) for $35usd! Purchased separately that would be $48usd! Item Number A5322 gets you all three with gift bags!

A Few Good Men Philosophy Shower Gel Trio Available at QVC


Here's another little product that the Muse has previously mentioned but thought was worth a re-mention! Bath and Body Works has a duo of Hand and Body Lotion and Hand Wash for $15usd! These are jumbo 16oz sizes and at $15usd bucks you can't go wrong!



A 3.3oz bottle of one of the Muse's favorite perfumes, Agent Provocateur, will set you back $110 but you don't have to pay that much for the large bottle! How about saving $33 on the large bottle and nabbing it for $76.99. Sweet deal in the Muse's opinion! If you (or yourself) have someone very special (like your mum or best friend) to spoil this season this is a posh deal!

You can nab this deal at Costco (Yes, yes I know shopping for AP at Costco isn't exactly glamerous but hey the price is right!).



Ok kids get shopping! That's it for this weeks Christmas Shopping Steals and Deals!

I'll bring you more as I see them pop up!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning Musey! (are you asleep now?) Have you tried the AP Maitresse perfume? I don't think I have... Which other perfumes do you like?

Hugs! No, wait, I have a cold - no hugs today, don't want you to catch this damn cough and runny nose! ;D j/k... :)

November 3, 2007 at 5:47 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

hi muse!
i noticed you have been talking about the antiquiteas collection(love it!)
for eyeshadow i know i want to buy earthly riches but i can't decide between family silver and silversmith- i have to limit myself to two :(
which one would you buy?
thanks!

November 3, 2007 at 9:27 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Morning linn! or should I say evening....it's late hehe that's for sure! AP Maitresse is surprisingly not so great for me! I prefer the original AP! Maitresse smells a bit too old lady for me!

Many of my perfumes are custom blends from small etailer shops as my tastes run to the foody, fruity and unusual I guess!

As for designer brands I love Stacked Style (especially carnivale crush), ralph, some demeter, anything from the clean line, most all of the AP line aside from Maitresse, a majority of Vera Wang's releases, Beautiful (sheer), almost all the Kenzo line, I love love by moschino, ugh my list is huge lol!

Aw it's ok *hugs* hugs are A OK since I got the flu shot teehee!

hello makeup maven :)

Thanks for your comment!

Well family silver is quite gorgeous and shimmery for a very natural look (see my fotd) and it's beautiful! If you love blues and silvers I'd go with silversmith but if you like a more natural look family silver would be best!

It all depends on what colors you favor most and how you tend to create your looks!

Personally I think family silver is the most easy to work with and the prettier of the two. silversmith is very nice but it's also difficult to work with blues sometimes if you're not careful you get a wicked weird bruised eye look ;)

Hope this helps!
Let me know if you have any other questions!

November 4, 2007 at 12:33 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

makeup maven I just saw your pic on your blow and family silver would look great with your reddish brown hair and brown eyes!

November 4, 2007 at 12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now when you mention it, I have tried the Maitresse! Too old ladyish for me too. And not in the good way...

Ooh, lovely with custom blends! I'n not too keen on fruity scents myself but I'm warming more and more towards the gourmandy ones I've noticed! Oh and Vera Wang! Love the original! So soapy, nice, clean. Yum! Hope there's some gift sets coming out in the shops before the Holiday here because that's on my Xmas wish list for this year! Never heard of Stacked Style, have to check out Google - and your archive of course!

Love,
Linn

November 4, 2007 at 3:31 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

agreed! Yuk!

Custom blends are awesome :) I love little etailer shops that do great edps :)

Vera Wang is a fav of my sister :) She LOVES the entire like :)

Have you tried clean? It's so crisp and fresh!

stacked style makes some great perfumes!

I love xmas sets! such a good time to save money and get alot!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs my friend :)

November 5, 2007 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger Heather Mary said...

LOVE THESE! Man, your GOOD! LOL

November 5, 2007 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

LOL thanks Heather :)

Hope you find the perfect gift for the cosmetic junkie in your life ;)

November 6, 2007 at 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home