Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Nov 19, 2007

Bare Escentuals Beautifully Luminous Lashes Review

I did a "Givenchy Lash Sparkles on a Budget" post a few weeks ago which was a list of alternative lash sparkles you could use that were cheaper options! You can read that post by clicking here.

In the same vein Bare Escentuals Beautifully Luminous Lashes does something similar to Givenchy Lash Sparkles but with a bit of a different effect.



Beautifully Luminous Lashes are actually a colored mascara gel that you can use as an overcoat over your own mascara to create a gentle shimmer of color to your lashes! I do really like these but there are some pros and cons to the use of it!

The main reason I am mentioning these is because a new color has been introduced which looks lovely for the Holidays! That color is Sapphire which is a gorgeous twinkling blue color!

I have these in all the colors offered including some not offered any longer and one that was included in the Platinum Kit which is a gorgeous silver affair (Click here to see it!)!

Currently there are two colors available plus two colors that are included with kits. The two colors you can purchase minus a costly kit are Gold and Sapphire. Each overcoat is $15 which isn't too bad a deal!



These are a bit tricky to use but with a little bit work you can do well by them! The brush loads up with color really quickly and you think that would make application easy enough but sadly it does not. When I brush this over my mascara coated lashes I get next to no sparkle or shine on my lashes!





I don't understand the why or the how but it just doesn't distribute the product correctly for whatever reason! I'm still in debates whether it's the formula or the brush that causes this problem! The brush is really fat and chunky and you'd think that would make application a breeze however it's a no go!

So....

After all that ranting the solution is simple. Basically the way I get this to work correctly is by using the tip of the brush to coat my lashes with color and then proceeding to swipe the color over my eyes using the full brush!

The results: Beautiful lashes with a sparkle of the color I'm using!

Overall, the product is inexpensive and pretty nice aside from that fact that application is such a challenge!

I'd say they are worth trying out but only if you have the extra money! If not, hold out for something better!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger psychoexgirlfriend said...

Hmmm, they do look gorgeous. It's a shame it takes so much work to get it to look right. Do you think it's got something to do with the regular mascara underneath that makes it so hard to apply?

I've tried coloured mascaras and they never work for me because I got black short and stubby lashes. :(

November 19, 2007 at 3:37 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello psychoexgirlfriend!

Love your nick lol! They are really pretty but it's such work to apply! I've tried them with and without mascara and I get pretty much the same results. It's alot of work to apply. The end result is pretty but simple application sure would be great!
Aw :( Have you tried curling with a lash curler prior to application?

Thanks for the comment!
*hug*

November 19, 2007 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for the tip! I have another mascara from a different company, and I haven't been able to get it to work. I'll try your method!

November 19, 2007 at 7:46 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hello J!

you're most welcome ;)

Good Luck!

November 19, 2007 at 7:50 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I would love to see a picture of this on your lashes - even if it applies unevenly, it'd be interesting to see in order to quell this urge I currently have to buy them both!

November 20, 2007 at 5:17 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi Liz!

I'll do an FOTD with it tomorrow or Monday :)

I understand those urges well hehe!

November 20, 2007 at 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home