Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 29, 2007

A Storage of Coverage

Today's blog will focus on good coverage! This will be a rather short entry! I can hear all the disappointing sighs already. Fear not it may be short but it's filled with tons of good information about good coverage!

Let's begin shall we?

If you're a girl (and maybe if you lean towards metrosexual, transsexual, or other sexual sides) you won't leave the house without foundation on your face. Oh why oh can't we all be fresh faced and gorgeous all the time minus foundation (and if you fall into the catagory of being able to leave the house without foundation...well...we HATE you! Kidding Kidding! We envy you mostly!)! Reality is reality and I personally don't live the house without my face in place! I know of only one man who's seen me without my face on and I had to kill him soon after! Kidding, he lives in another country so I think maybe I'm safe for now!

I'm going to cut right too it and say I hate foundation! I have a wicked combination of skin that varies from season to season which makes finding proper coverage impossible. In the winter I'm as dry as the dessert, in the summer my forehead shines like a mirror, and during the fall and spring it's a combination of both dry and oily.

I always have little adventures with coverage and I try all sorts of brands but 4 take up resident in my beauty arsenal for many a fine year and never shall we part! I'll tell you about my gems in a moment!

I'm going to go ahead and throw this out there and watch the entire female population come down on my head for it. Bare Minerals blows ass! Yes indeed it does! Kill me, shoot me, sue me, do whatever it is you want but I won't change my mind! The entire kit blows right out of my ass! I brought it and sold it on E-bay within 2 minutes of having it! This is not to say the rest of the line blows, just the foundation. I love the glimmers, shadows, etc....but the foundation can take a leap right off the nearest cliff and I'll sit happily on top and blow kisses of good riddance and don't come back!

Pray tell who is it that writes such star reviews about this kit? Where are you? E-mail me I wanna talk about these 5 star ratings you've given this rubbish product! It's crap!

I imagine at the moment Leslie may very well be reading this and calling her lawyers up to sue that small chubby chick on myspace for dissing on her product! Sorry Leslie! I HATE your foundation/coverage kits!

Now that, that is out of my system we can get on to my secret for flawless skin finish :)

You need four products to make your face perfect in all ways!

Morgen Schick Hide and Hilight Concealer
Morgen Schick Whisper Set Powder

Benefit Bo-ing
Sofina Raycious Skin Powder (Asia Only)

I've been using Morgen Schick's concealer forever and I'm always delighted with the coverage they provide and the fact that it makes my skin look so healthy and lovely!

Hide and Hilight works as a great coverage and you can keep it fresh and long wearing by using the whisper set powder on your face afterwards. Benefit Bo-ing I use for under my eye area and to prep my eye for shadow. It also provides beautiful coverage and makes me look like I got at least 8 hours of sleep in when in reality it was more like 5! And finally Raycious Skin Powder always stays with me for quick touch ups!

If you're overeager to try Morgen Schick you can purchase it directly but I'd suggest going on E-bay for cheaper prices! Raycious is not sold in US stores, again, E-bay is a good place to look! And Benefit Bo-ing can be purchased wherever Benefit is sold! Sephora and Macy's carries the line!

All of these items are a part of my everyday make-up and I can't live without them! If you're looking to try something new I strongly suggest you give them a whirl and see how they work for your skin!

A girl with flawless skin coverage is a happy girl indeed!

I look forward to hearing your reviews and your story of coverage if and when you try them!



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home