Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 16, 2007

Cosmetic Storage Solutions!

For some odd reason or another my cosmetics storage blog never made the move over from mySpace to blogger!

It's gone and gotten lost! Oh my!

A few people have been asking after it on youTube so here it is!

--------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys!

Before I go to bed I wanted to post some quickie pics!

MANY MANY MANY of you asked about my storage cabinets and such after viewing my video blog and I wanted to do a few pics and some info about them!

Someone had asked if they were custom made, others messaged me asking where I got my draws, etc....!

So this is basically a blog answering everyone's questions :)

Again, thanks so much for viewing this! I really just do it for my own entertainment and I'm utterly flattered when people actualy read what I type here!

Many of you also asked me what I do with cosmetics I'm currently not using! The videos I did are items I use mostly everyday! Anything I don't use I store in rubbermaid bins in my closet! I have three, 4 draw bins in my closet that contain older palettes and make-up bits I've collected over my entire lifetime!

Sadly, some of these storage units will be unavailable to you in Singapore, Japan, Europe, Etc...but the good news is that some of the smaller stackable trays, containers, etc...are available on E-bay and I'm sure you can nab a deal or two!

Ok...So this little display unit is pretty funny! It's actually a desk organizer! I converted it to a make-up organizer on my own! Basically you can store files, pens, papers, etc...in it! But I found a better use displaying my cosmetics on it! I purchased it off E-bay! If you search for shabby chic desk organizers or just desk organizers a few will pop up!


Stackable Trays! These are great for palettes, shadows, blushes, etc! I purchased these from the Container Store but they can be found just about anywhere! Helpful hint to locating them is look in the kitchen storage area! These should be laying around as they are normally used for organizing flatware! You can find these in virtually any home good store! They come in long sizes, smaller, and medium! The price here in the US ranges from $5.99 to $9.99 USD


A Happy Smaller Tray with Some MJ in it!



A Larger Tray with it's tummy filled with Too Faced, Jill Stuart, MAC, and some Stila!


Here we are again with a desk organizer! I got this little guy off E-bay as well! Just go and type "desktop organizer" and you'll have a ton of happy little organizers you can convert to make-up storage organizers! Yay! This one I particular love because it has two shelves and three little draws!


In this picture you can kinda see some of the little stackable containers I have! Caboodles makes these! They are sold in lots of three I THINK or maybe lots of two! They run about $9.99-$12.99 per lot! These are extra nice because they stack really neatly! I got these from Walgreens so when you guys do your next Walgreens "Spree" you can pick some up maybe!



See how neatly they stack! :)



This cabinet was purchased from the Lori Greiner Collection on QVC! I've seen these on E-bay so if you are serious about wanting to purchase one you can easily find it on E-bay! They aren't cheap sadly! I purchased mine for $99 I THINK! But they are much higher on E-bay! Personally I believe they are worth the price! This basically swings open to reveal three trays on either side for make-up storage.


Opened!


Totally Opened!






Here's some pics I grabbed from the QVC website for the storage unit! It's available in three finishes which are oak, white, and chestnut!





This is irrevelant to cosmetics but I'd really just like to say that her storage units are amazing! I have many of the make-up organizers shes put out (which I'll be showing you shortly) and I also have her jewelry armoire which I'm going to show right now! I couldn't resist taking a pic of it because truly it's such an amazing unit for storing your jewelry and such in! Her website can be located here, Lori Greiner, if anyone is interested!





Back to cosmetics storage hehe...

This next one is a spinning mirror vanity which is Lori Greiner as well purchased from QVC! I can't really recall the price at the moment but again it was well worth it!

Photos I nicked off the QVC site:





My pics:




Next up...

These draws were purchased from the Container Store. The right side is an entire unit that is not detachable. It contains 10 small draws housed in one unit! The other larger drawers on the left are stackable units. They are one unit with three draws per a unit. You can store about 35 shadows per a draw so it's really alot of storage! These cost $14.99 Each and the 10 Draw Unit is $39.99.


This guy is a mini wooden shelf I got off E-bay! If you search "wooden wall shelf" you'll find alot of similar items that you can convert to cosmetic storage! You can't see it but it's rather deep and the pigments go back three rows!!!!


Top of the shelf!


These two units are also purchased in the container store! Not sure of the price!












And finally this is one of my favorite organizers! This is by Lori Greiner as well! I have 5 of these total! Some of them reside in my spare bedroom and some are in my bathroom! They are an amazingly great organizer! I believe they are $39.99 on QVC but I've seen them on E-bay for far lower! Have a sneak around and I bet you can nab a deal! I emptied one of them out because I wanted you to see how much room it has inside!







I hope I answered everyone's questions about storage units and such!

For a youTube video of my storage solutions please check out the label MuseTV and it's listed under there ;)

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Your site is just fantastic in everyway! I loved all of todays' post- (I visit everyday). Your mu storage is just so beyond awesome. It has really helped me in figuring out ways to get my own "baby" stash organized. You have the "granddaddy" of all mu stashes/storages! It's such eye candy to see. I loved seeing it on Youtube as well. I am going to go hit The Container Store and check out QVC for some of those glorious storage options you showcased. Thanks for yet another wonderful blog entry!

Sincerely,
Sarah

August 16, 2007 at 8:29 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello sarah!

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you love everything :)

Your baby stash will grow I'm sure :)

If you need any help locating the storage containers do give a yell I'm happy to help out!!!!!!!!

I'm doing a blog soon requesting pics of people's stashes, storage, and hauls so I hope you'll participate!

Many hugs!
and thanks so much!
Your comments mean the world to me!

August 16, 2007 at 8:53 PM  
Blogger Ann the Queen said...

hi babe! i love the Lori Greiner Collection cabinets! too bad we can't get it in singapore.. i love the stackable trays idea! i use a culinary tray to seperate out my liners! hahaha.

August 17, 2007 at 3:26 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi ann!

Aw I'm so sorry! Totally not cool when you are lemming something and it's difficult to get :(

hehe! like minds as I use as the stackable trays are used for culinary ;)

August 17, 2007 at 3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're storage blog is FANTASTIC! I enjoyed reading through it and went on to read more. You most definitely have the best and complete beauty blog around! Please don't stop blogging on beauty! I like pictures of you replicating looks from models, etc. Fun!

September 25, 2007 at 3:58 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Aw thanks so much love!

I really enjoy doing it and it pleases me people love to read it :)

Many thanks for all your kind words!

Hugs!

September 25, 2007 at 4:13 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Wow..sooo...much...storage...and...
makeup...*drool*

lol very ingenious and I just wanted to say good job! It must be quite a feat to figure out what is in which of the 5 etc things you have! LOL I'd LOVE to have that problem!!

October 17, 2007 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi hannah :)

Thanks!!!!!!!! LOL yes sometimes it is a feat :) but I pretty much know where everything is so most days I find what I am looking for right away hehe!

Come on over! I share ;)

Thanks for the comment!

October 17, 2007 at 10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow u got a lot of amazing products!! :D did u buy japanese brand products online?(such as lavshuca or Jill stuart)

March 20, 2008 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi snowkei!!!!!!!!!!

I normally have a friend get them for me in Japan and ship them over ;)

I adore JS and Lavshuca ;)

Big big fan of J-Cosmetics.

I read...well I don't read..but I follow your blog regularly ;) I love love love your amazing FOTDS!

Thanks for the comment!
*hugs*

March 20, 2008 at 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I just died and went to heaven! Your makeup collection rocks! The way you store it is awesome!

July 29, 2008 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

LOL thanks D :)

=-)

July 31, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home