Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 26, 2007

Because You're Not Beautiful Without Dior!

Dior cosmetics (and couture) are an important part of my addiction! I've been collecting and storing palettes from Dior since as long as I can possibly remember (My mind isn't as quick as it once was! I'm being wry so deal with it!).

Dior has always held my heart in its very hand when it comes to clothing (not that any of it fits my wobbly body), accessories, and cosmetics. Since cosmetics and accessories are affordable (somewhat) and aren't a size zero I can indulge my sweet tooth!

I'm writing to tell you, dear friends, if you are a Dior addict (you already know this if you're a dior crack addict so just smile and nod for the new people) or you plan on becoming a Dior addict you must remember this simple rule of thumb. Got a pen and paper handy? Ok here is the rule:

BUY YOUR DIOR ABROAD!

That is all. It's even easy to remember but write it down anyway just in case! Now Dior stateside is interesting, it's cheaper too! But Dior abroad is exotic and wonderful and rare! Oh la la!

In all seriousness I sometimes purchase two of the same palettes the reason being I will get to shortly, one stateside and one from either the UK or Asia. Now while I was in England in April the Dior Flight palette had just popped up stateside and UK side! I did see it prior to leaving for the UK but decided I'd buy one in London because you see I KNEW THE RULE (that damn rule sure is handy isn't it?)!

The UK flight palette is about twice as lovely as the US one! The differences are very subtle and nothing as dramtic as the Dior Confidential fiasco (if you're an addict you know what I'm talking about, if not, google baby google).

Here you can see the two palette color choices:



This is my palette (Grab a tissue I don't want you drooling all over! And whatever you do, DON'T breath on it!):







I choose not to buy 001 because I think the UK's 002 version is far superior in color! 001 is very drown out, dark, and dank. Where as the 002 version had brighter colors, nicer shadow, and prettier glosses! Am I tempted to purchase 001? Yes I am. This time I didn't succumb to my sickness and just stuck with the one palette! The little voices in my head told me go and get 001! Just do it! Buy it! But for once..I didn't listen!

Oh sorry you wanted to know WHY do I buy one palette abroad and one stateside right? Simple answer. I'm sick. In the head.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger watercoloursky said...

i love the packaging of that palette! i've definitely been kicking myself for not buying more makeup when I was on vacation last year :(

April 25, 2008 at 7:31 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey love :)

The packaging on this particular one is gorgeous. I must say it's one of my favs!

Duty free shop?

or just cheaper?

April 29, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home