Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 25, 2009

Bobbi Brown Fall Collection 2009: Bobbi Brown Nude Eye Palette Review and Swatches


I hate nudes. They are so terribly unflattering on this Muse. Last year, Bobbi introduced me to a new way to wear nudes though with the Bobbi Brown Shimmering Nude Collection.

For someone who has venomously denied loving Nudes, I suddenly found myself loving the idea of creating a chic, natural, nude look! Bobbi you sure do know how to charm a girl.

This year, Bobbi Brown keeps me clamoring back for more with her newest Nude Collection featuring the Bobbi Brown Nude Eye Palette.

Jump ahead for the review!

This year things are a little bit different. Last year the Bobbi Brown Shimmering Nudes Palette contained a total of seven shades. This year the new Nude Eye Palette contains six shades in the new customize palette. Basically each shadow is contained in a duo with two shadows making up a combination for one look. Of course you can mix and match any of the shades included but the fact they are grouped into two shades makes it easier to create a single look from the shades paired together. The new custom palette allow you to snap duos in and out easily. It's kinda like getting an empty custom palette free as after you hit pan on the duos you can head to Bobbi and snap in any number of items for face, lips, or eyes.














The palette's ease of use lays in the fact that it's made up of matte, sparkle, and metallic finish shadows. Nudes are difficult for me to pull off but pairing a nude base with a hint of sparkle makes application easier and friendly.

You get a total of six shades which are:

Navajo and Pebble (Creamy Beige Matte and Metallic Champagne Nude)
Chino and Beige Linen (Muddy Beige Matte and Beige Brown Shimmer)
Maple Sugar and Caviar (Beige Brown Metallic and Chocolate Matte Brown)












The shades are all pigmented and have an incredible texture for blending. You do get a fair bit of fall out from the metallic and shimmer finishes but with proper prepping you can avoid this. I do always find shades like Caviar incredibly difficult to work with but I think these are meant more as a liner shade than an actual eye shadow.

The collection also included Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Caviar Ink which is proving to be my best friend at the moment. I love the deep chocolate of this shade and love the way it tight lines my upper waterline to create a certain air of mystery. Bobbi makes one of the best gel liners around so it's quite nice to add this particular shade to my arsenal.














Overall, the Bobbi Brown Nude Palette is the ideal and easy way to wear nude shadows. It's work friendly and manages to create a natural, nude look that has a flair of fun to it.








Loves it!

Another great Bobbi palette.

Anyone haul it?

Share!

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

Blah. I just tend to find nudes boring. Then again, I can't wear a lot of browns/neutral shades coz they end up looking muddy on me.

I'll stick to my brights :)

You look lovely though.
Would love to see you with that darkest shade smoked out with the silvery shade.

August 25, 2009 at 6:24 PM  
Anonymous prettybeautiful said...

the palette looks great! i was checking out this palette at the counter yesterday, might get it for my friend's birthday :)

August 25, 2009 at 9:05 PM  
Blogger VampiressDoll said...

Ah! Shimmer how I love you! This does not like boring old nudes, just a beautiful coordinated palette. I really want this! :)

August 26, 2009 at 8:14 AM  
Anonymous laura r said...

is that the Caviar liner you sport in the second FOTD? cuz it looks great on you! nice work!

August 26, 2009 at 8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been much of a BB fan and most of her things aren't my things. I looked at this palette and was interested but it bored me out after I looked at it closely... *_*

the liner looks rather nice but I am generally not a gel liner gal so I passed it too.

but you can pass a BB person as you do look good in it. :)

August 26, 2009 at 9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

definitely looks *GREAT* and fresh on you!

August 26, 2009 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd :D

no worries I adore my bolder shades too hehe :-D totally understand that.

Ooo good combo...have to try that!

August 26, 2009 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

lucky friend prettybeautiful :-D

hehe wanna be my friend?

August 26, 2009 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi doll!

agreed :-D

very lively and pretty. Sparkle loving it!

August 26, 2009 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks laura, sure is...bit messy as I was rushing but you're a doll for saying so!

August 26, 2009 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

aw thanks jojoba...I converted you to clarins and I will convert you to BB, it's my new mission :D

August 26, 2009 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks www you're lovely to say so :D

August 26, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home