Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Nov 9, 2007

Shu Uemura Gloss Lacquer Review

Count the Muse confused. When she originally discovered Shu's Gloss Lacquer she could have sworn it was a limited edition product but low and behold it's still quite up and available at Shu's website as well as Sephora so I guess I somehow went wrong somewhere!



The good news is that this stuff is like crack for my lips and I adore it. The bad news is it's bloody expensive at $26usd per a pot thus making me feel like I'm on crack when buying a pot of this stuff! Who in their right frame of mind purchases $26 lipgloss? Don't answer that.

Three colors are available of this fabulous gloss two of which your Muse owns and keeps in her beauty vault the third would be a color called Invincible Pink.

Gloss Lacquer is exactly what you'd expect after seeing/reading the name. It's so glossy your lips have the lacquered effect. Surprisingly this stuff is a snap to apply. Normally any lip product in a pot always causes me heart failure, drama, and general stress during application but this warms on contact with my fingertip and smooths on easily.

My lips thank Mister Shu Uemura after using this brilliant stuff! I especially love that I don't have to stain my lips or use a lipstick beneath. The actual gloss isn't all that pigmented but for some reason or another upon application my lips just pop with really nice color! Slick, glossy, and perfect this is well worth the $26 bucks!

Now..if they'd only make some more colors I'd be quite happy hmmm......

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm... Those look good enough to eat! Are they (by any chance) flavored? Looking at the tubes, Jolly Ranchers come to mind. I love SU products and especially their eyebrow pencil (which I'm planning to review later in the week), so I'm sorely tempted by your photos of the Gloss Lacquer.

November 9, 2007 at 12:23 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Shu Uemura. I got their cream eyeshadows. It's pretty good.

I'm also thinking to get the gloss lacquer. I'm kinda sick of getting all MAC. LOL =) My target in Singapore is to get MAC, Chanel, Clinique, Shiseido, Bobbi Brown, YSL and Shu Uemura products. What a makeup junkie! LOL

I added your link to my blog =)

Take care sis =)

November 9, 2007 at 3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These remind me of the NARS Lip Lacquers, of course, they would as the only difference is the brand. *lol*

I've still got those stila Glitter Liners set aside for ya!

November 9, 2007 at 4:57 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi again Mandy!

They do! hehe! They are flavored but it's not really a great flavor. It's sorta a standard weird citrus flavor if that makes sense.

I really adore Shu products myself. Shadows, glosses, blushes, etc..! The only thing that irks me is that site swatches are always WAY off!

I look forward to reading your review!

November 9, 2007 at 8:27 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi again Sandy!

I haven't tired the cream but I have a few of the powder and adore 'em!

I understand as I'm an utter mac junkie :)

I totally want the YSL Christmas items!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to tell me what you get when you get home! ;) Share the wealth of your purchases wahoo!

Oh thank you! Can I return the favor? What's your blog addy!

Much Hugs!

November 9, 2007 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Irene

you know I really love nars and never tried the lip lacquers and I must say they always look so yummie when I see them!

Plus they have WAY more colors than Shu!
Thanks so much love!

Sorry about the delay replies :(

I'm just awful swamped lately!

Will reply shortly :)
Hugs!

November 9, 2007 at 8:29 AM  
Blogger Ann the Queen said...

hi izzy!
i've was out browsing today and saw shu's holiday brush set! its so soft compared to mac's holiday brush set! once again.. i'm so out of topic here! hahaha.

November 9, 2007 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

LOL Off topic is ok love :)

I haven't seen the shu set yet in person! I don't own any shu brushes but now you've given me a case of the lemmings hehehe :)

November 9, 2007 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger nilla cookie said...

Gosh, these glosses look so ooey gooey! How long does the color last on your lips? For $26 a pop, they'd better stay on after a full meal!! ;)

November 9, 2007 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi nilla cookie :)

Gosh I agree $26 is obscene! I actually got them with a coupon so lucky enough didn't pay that much!

They last quite a while. I'd say I have a good 5 hour last before a retouch...put it on around 7.30-8am and it lasts until at least 12-12.30 before I need to do a touch up!

So it's quite good and long wearing!

=)

November 11, 2007 at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home