Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Nov 1, 2007

Lush UK Party

Celebrate good times come on!

The lovely Hilary from Lush UK has arranged a little party for forum members on the UK site and I will tell you from my very mouth to your little ears that the items offered at this particular party are astoundingly good!

As soon as I heard about the party I was dialing up the UK and handing over my wish list to my best mate!

If you're a Lush junkie, like me, you should know that they are making...wait for it....wait some more.....pause.......don't forget to breath......exhale....ready? SNOWCAKE SHOWER GEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I almost fell out of my chair when I heard the words snowcake and shower gel together!

You must know that your Muse has a serious addiction to snowcake!

Well Snowcake is making it's very first appearance in shower gel form tomorrow and the Muse has asked for a nice stack of bottles to be ordered for her (I might need a lifetime amount)!

The Muse is just thinking how gorgeous her hair will smell after washing it with snowcake shower gel! What? Don't use it as shampoo? I don't care if it's a shower gel I'm still using it in my hair!

Ok now that I'm slightly calmer and less excited I'll give you the run down on what goodies will be available tomorrow from our lovely friends across the pond!

This is a retro party so if you're a big Lush fan many of these times will take you back!


Jack Froth Bubble Bar Slice
Hot Toddy Bubble Bar Slice
Brandy Butter Bath Ballistic
Noriko Soap
Ghost Writer Ballistic
Snowcake Shower Gel (AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

There may very well be a retro gift as well that contains all of the following items plus a Silent White Bath Bomb!

Forum parties on Lush UK are always quite a fun event and prizes are given away, trivia, and much more! If you're not a member of the forum you can join by clicking here.

If you don't know anyone in the UK to order for you it's ok don't panic! Lush UK does take phone orders and ships to the US via airmail! Shipping is somewhat reasonable and if you're nice and polite sometimes they'll cut you a break! If you're bonkers and spend $300 on Lush they'll ship it happily your way for half off the shipping cost! Normally during parties they do half price shipping so when you have a lovely brit rep on the phone just ask what shipping options are available for you!

I'm not sure at the moment if they are taking e-mail orders but I'll update you with the information as soon as I know! What happens with an e-mail order is you write them with your name, order, and phone number and they will call you back to get your payment information!

Anyway!

Snowcake Shower Gel will happily be making an appearance under the Muse's Christmas Tree this year!

Grab some for yourself at the Party!

Labels:

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Muse,

Gaah! Snowcake shower gel!!! This may motivate me to make an order. Must think on this.

Hugs & Cheers,
Betsy

November 1, 2007 at 7:29 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

wahoo ;)

I'm excited ;)

Hugs back betsy!

November 1, 2007 at 7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi MUse,
It's Abigail from Sunny California, ok if I wanted to call and place an order is that the easiest way to do so or place an order from the website? But I did checked the website and I cannot find the Snowcake Shower gel.
What is the best number for me to call and place the order? Do I ask for a specific SA?
Thank you Muse,

Love,
Abigail

November 1, 2007 at 10:00 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hello Abigail!

Yes you can call them direct at this number (Keep in mind the time difference when calling hehe) (01202) 668545

If they are taking email orders (I don't know yet) you can email them with your name and number and request they call you back to place the order.

Here's the email:
orders@lush.co.uk

You can't place a web order as this is an exclusive party for forum members so you have to actual be part of that community to know about the sale :) But you have the Muse to keep you informed hehe!

Any SA is fine :) Whoever picks the line up! During parties you might have to call back a few times because the lines are busy as so many people are ordering but keep trying until you get through :)

When you're through just tell them what you'd like to order from the list I've placed on this blog and you're good to go!

Shipping is reasonable (especially if you get a few bottles) from UK to US but you can always have them quote you prior to ordering!

Hope this helps love!
Good luck!
Remember if it's busy keep calling! ;)

Parties are very very popular ;)

November 1, 2007 at 10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi love,
Thank you for all the info. How much a minute to call UK, do you know? (lol)
Is there a cut off date to place the order?
What else would you recommend to order since it is going to be my first time ordering in UK.
Thank you.

Love,
Abigail

November 2, 2007 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi Abigail :)

I normally use skype to place phone calls to the UK so I'm not sure the price on a landline phone! Check with your phone company's lone distant provider prior to calling as it can be pricey!

Cut off date is today only. Once all the orders are in they make the products and ship :)

Everything is far fresher and better UK side :) so I wholeheartedly recommend everything UK side :) You can also take advantage of Bnever makeup and goodies (I'll be doing a review soon) in the same order :)

they also carry a few items we don't have here like ickle baby bath bomb :)

Hope this helps!

November 2, 2007 at 10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm back, I tried calling from my cell phone. I dialed 011 and I was told 44 for the country code and I dialed the rest of the number you gave me and still not able to connect. What am I doing wrong? Thanks,

Abigail

November 2, 2007 at 12:55 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello there!

It should be as follows:

011 44 1202 668 545

I just tried it from work and it went through right away :)

What do you get when dialing?
Busy signal?

Hugs!

November 2, 2007 at 1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Love, I was dialing 011 44 the 01202 but I found something from the website how to dial out, so I took out 0. I got through ok. I spoke to Hailey and place my order. (lol)
I have no idea what would be the USD amount. :(
Wish me luck but I ordered a bunch!

November 2, 2007 at 4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget to read the label on the bottle! "No licking"! ;D

November 3, 2007 at 4:10 AM  
Blogger ZigKvetch said...

I have been calling (from the U.S.) for a half hour and have only managed to get a busy signal. I will be so crushed if I can't get through! :(

November 3, 2007 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hello there Abigail :)

Good good!!!! fantastic! Hailey is quite nice! I've spoken to her twice before!

I can convert the amount for you if you like. Normally UK sterling is a little over double the US dollar! So if something is $50usd that normally means it's about $103 or so in sterling!

Hope that helps! Hopefully you nabbed the 3-8 shipping option which would cut your cost of shipping to $60 dollars and evens out your shopping (or even cheapens it) as compared to the US side! Let me know when you get your goodies! I'd love to hear what you think of Lush UK compared to Lush NA! I haven't used anything from US lush in a LONG time only UK! It's a much superior product compared to what we have here!

Linn,

I agree! No eating, no licking, and no consumption should be put on the bottle! I may very well tip some into a champagne flute! Snowcake is too damn yummy smelling!

Hello ZigKvetch!

I'm so sorry love! You have to keep trying as it remains busy for a while during the special release parties!

Did you end up getting through?

If not maybe try emailing them and asking them if you could please possibly have them call you back to order!

Good luck love!

November 4, 2007 at 12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mused,
So if you don't get Lush from NA, where do you get your fresh face mask like Cupcake etc.?
I'm hoping to get my order tomorrow since I placed an order about a week ago from Friday. I will tell you what I got. Can't wait!!!

Love,
Abigail

November 8, 2007 at 7:04 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hello there Abigail.

Fresh Face Masks are the only items I buy stateside as UK do not ship them internationally (they'd be off by the time they got the US shores).

I wish I could get fresh face masks as I always buy cupcake when I visit with friends in the UK and each time I fall deeper and deeper in love with the UK mask in comparison with the US ;) it's just so much more creamier and yummie smelling!

If it's a party order it might take a tiny bit longer than a week because they make the products fresh :) but here's to hoping we do indeed get it that quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to hear all about your items!!!!!!!!!

Hugs!

November 8, 2007 at 11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mused,
If you remember clearly I told you I called UK Lush and placed my order. Should I call and check what is going on with my order or this is normal for this long? I know you did mentioned it will take a while. Please advise, thank you.

Love,
Abigail from Cali

November 27, 2007 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hello Abigail!

Hope you had a fab thanksgiving!

You can call them but I can give you the update! Hilary (UK Mailorder Team Leader) has updated and said packages were being sent out 23-27 of this month :)

So I'd say you'll have your package either sometime this week or at least by Saturday of next week!

You can always email them or call and ask if it has shipped! I know some people had said their charge cards are being charged which means that they are shipping items out ;)

I haven't yet checked my CC yet to be honest but when Hilary says something it's normally a sure thing :)

Hope this helps!

Happy days! Snowcake Shower Gel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when you get it and what you think ;)

November 27, 2007 at 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home