Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 9, 2007

Excel Mascara Review

The last few weeks I've been hooked on using Opera My Lash Mascara. This was recommended to me by Haru from Rogue Deluxe and I absolutely fell in love with it!

This morning I decided to spice it up a little so I cracked open my Excel Mascara and boy oh boy life is good my dear friends! This is the mascara of the gods! I hate to say this....but....I think....it might...be better than MJ Mascara! Holy cow did those words just leave this mouth??!!! Damn this is some good stuff! I'm impressed! This is some killer mascara folks! Look out MJ I see a replacement on the horizon!



On American shores the curved mascara brush is sorta kinda popping up in some of our brands but it's pretty standard in Europe and Asia at the moment! The curved brush picks up quite a big lump of mascara, so much mascara in fact that you may be slightly panicky upon seeing that big o' clot of it on the brush! But it goes on flawlessly and smoothly. One quick swipe will have your lashes extended to the ceiling (ok, ok maybe not the ceiling!), another swipe will even your look out and create the illusion of falsies, and finally by flipping the brush over and swiping a final time, you'll separate your lashes and complete your look! Texture is really good on this and it applies very well and evenly. This does remind me of a cheaper version of Beaute de Kose Mascara and could possibly be better!



If you have fragile lashes I would avoid this because it is pretty difficult to remove. After many swipes with Oil Based Eye Makeup Remover plus my regular facial cleaner and lots of water later I was finally able to get a majority of it off but my lashes do still feel a bit stiff even after all that! I don't mind so much as in the shower tonight I'm sure it'll wash away and my lashes are full and strong so a bit of tugging to remove won't make a difference to me! However, I can't fully recommend this product to anyone who has tiny lashes or ones that break off easy!

Now Excel also offers a remover which I am now disappointed I didn't order as that appears interesting enough and might very well do the job in getting this off once it's on!



All in all a fine product by Excel! Brilliant Mascara! If it's the illusion of falsies you seek this be the mascara for you! The Muse highly recommends it and dubs it her new favorite mascara of choice!






Showing off my fine lashes thanks to Excel Mascara!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home